DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 10'x11'
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Revivex

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by TeeDee; 08-07-2007 at 10:53.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    The usefulness of treatments like this depends a lot on fabric type. Fabrics with a tight weave will hold the treatment better than a looser fabric. Lots of untreated ripstop has a pretty loose weave...it'll probably take a heavier treatment and won't hold it as long, but it may work for a while at least. If you can find something with a tighter weave, it'll increase your chances of success.

I'm sure someone out in cyberspace has tried it and can tell you how it worked on their fabric (which I know is what you were asking for in the first place ).
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

I have used it on my snakeskins and my gear hammock, each made from what appears to be untreated ripstop fabric. It seems to be very water resistant but droplets come through after awhile if there is any water pressure, such as using the gear hammock for carrying water.

• + New Posts