warbonnet traveler & eno DN
    Tarp
    D;Y;I
    Insulation
    incubator 0 deg
    Suspension
    tree straps
    Images
    hey guys thanks for all your replies, great to be apart of this forum,, just to add to even more confusion i see that Brandon has come out with a new model ridge runner but i think ill go with the traveler and bug net is it possible to have a under quilt and a foam pad in the double layer hammock i think im going to need them both???

Yes you can have both. You put your pad in between the layers then hang your quilt under you. Always make sure its snug on you so you dont get a draft.

Jeremy

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing

Warning: Subjective reply to follow...ymmv

Quote Originally Posted by whazzzup View Post
    hey guys thanks for all your replies, great to be apart of this forum,, just to add to even more confusion i see that Brandon has come out with a new model ridge runner but i think ill go with the traveler and bug net is it possible to have a under quilt and a foam pad in the double layer hammock i think im going to need them both???
    I have both and find the Traveler (1.1 dbl) to be substantially more comfortable than the BB (1.1 dbl) though both are wonderful. I believe it allows a better asym lay than the BB. The bride may be using our Traveler in the future and so I am looking to buy the bug net to try but for now the BB is our go to when bugs are out. If conditions permit the Traveler is my preferred hammock.

A UQ and pad are definitely doable but I would only use the pad to augment insulation and avoid freezing...really think they defeat much of the comfort of a hammock. Been lusting after a Hammock Gear 0 degree Incubator (custom wide) to take the cold ability down a few notches.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird & Traveler
    Tarp
    MC SpinntexDeLux
    Insulation
    MW3,Yeti,HGsb,UL90
    Suspension
    WS
    Images
    Use both the 1.1 sl Traveler and BB. Find no difference in comfort or lay between the two. Comfort is relatively subjective. Maybe LawDawg comfort perception is keener than mine. Agree with LawDawg regarding UQ. Strong personal bias for uq vs. pads.

Prefer the Traveler when there is no or very low chance for bugzzzzz.
    Noel V.

Hammock
    warbonnet traveler & eno DN
    Tarp
    D;Y;I
    Insulation
    incubator 0 deg
    Suspension
    tree straps
    Images
    i have just ordered the traveler dbl 1.7 with bugnet i think i have made the right choice i kinda like the fact that i can get the bugnet up abit higher off my face if i want to with an adjustable ridge line and that i can lie either way im the hammock im not a real big guy so i hope the 1.7 isnt overkill im not so weight conscious since this will be alot less weight to carry than my old tent, and again i want to thank all of you for your input and comments think the worst part of this now is i have to wait for the ups guy ..hahaha have it good all !!!!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    BTW whazzup, I weigh above 270 and have both a WBBB 1.7 dbl and a 1.1 dbl (the Traveler is a 1.1 dbl). I prefer the feel of the 1.1 above the 1.7. Just a thought to mull over. As always YMMV and know that the 1.7 is just fine it is only a small preference to me.

Hammock
    11'ers, playing with wider options
    Tarp
    HG4S, Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG Custom, EE
    Suspension
    Whoops, Dutch
    Both! Haha. Each a great in their own right and seasonal purposes. I like the traveler for day hikes and one to keep in the jeep. The blackbird for those buggy stealths when we are away for a few days.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12