Quote Originally Posted by huauqui View Post
ThreeD and I used our HHSS last weekend with just the undercover and pad, no space blanket. Got down to about 48 it was perfect.

I slept with a t shirt, and jeans on put my hoodie under my knees and woke up about 3 AM cause I had to use the facilities when I crawled back in I pulled the sleeping bag, that had been over my legs and part of my large stomach, up over my chest as well. Woke with the sun warm and toasty. Couldn't have been more comfortable even with the five to ten mile an hour shifting breeze. We didn't deploy the tarps so we could stare at the stars.

It was a perfect night. I was going to look for condensation but about the time we finished breakfast a shower rolled in and we had to break camp with a mist falling so can't say if there had been any condensation though without the space blanket I have never had any condensation so would assume that was the case this time as well.

huauqui
I have been participating in discussions here about the HHSS since the time when I was almost the only HHSS user here in Jan 07. While there have been several people that it did not work for AT ALL, I really have the feeling that, as the years have gone by, there are now far more folks that it has worked either great for, or at least pretty good for the cost. I think far more positive results than negative, but that is just my feeling. Maybe time for another "poll"?