Hammock
    Darien UL/WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Geaar
    Insulation
    HG and EE
    Suspension
    Dutch
    The weight difference is so close between the line at litetrail and the tech line... .01oz per 50'. The tech line is slightly stronger. For me, I really think it comes down to color preference

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshower View Post
    not to get off track, but how long are folks' side pull outs say if i was to buy the tech line?
    I have not bought the techline, yet. But as for length, I have 7" of shock cord at the bottom, followed by 5' of NiteIze reflective rope connected to the tarp with a 3" long wrap of 2.2mm Zing-it. So the total length of the the tie out adjusts from about 10" to 6'.

My old setup had two 8' sections and two 9' sections. I switched out for lighter lines and shorter segments to save to save weight.
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Quote Originally Posted by engine386 View Post
    The weight difference is so close between the line at litetrail and the tech line... .01oz per 50'. The tech line is slightly stronger. For me, I really think it comes down to color preference
    Just a quick note re this from the manufacturer. The LiteTrail GLine is polyester covered dyneema/spectra, while the other line has no cover. So while you get a stronger line with the other line (similar diameter but 100% dyneema/spectra) you do not get the knot holding qualities and handling benefits of a polyester covered line. So it's an apples to oranges comparison just looking at weight because they are two very different products. Both good for their intended uses.
    Visit us online at www.LiteTrail.com. Ultralight Backpacking and Hiking.

This was part of my decision process as well and I came to the conclusion that I "Want" to see my lines easily at night so when I have to take that early morn call of nature I don't trip over my lines as I have done in the past and since my tarp is expensive (cuben) the more easily seen color of the LiteTrail line was a better choice (it's also lighter). Also with the "stronger" thing, I would rater have my line break than my tarp rip or be destroyed. As well as how strong does the tie out line have/need to be? I would think that a 200# break strength is plenty for a tarp tie out, yes?

FWIW I used the Tech line on my tarp for a hike and now have the LiteTrail line on my tarp for the reasons stated above.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    DangerBird
    Tarp
    HG Custom Cuben
    Insulation
    UQ, TQ & PeaPod
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    I have some 1.1mm dyneema reflective guy-line from PiCharPak. Its very similar to the LiteTrail GLine, but this has a reflective thread woven into it so it reflects at night

Hammock
    Darien UL/WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Geaar
    Insulation
    HG and EE
    Suspension
    Dutch
    Cranky bear - I agree, I think I'm going to replace my tech line w/ the GLine for the reasons you stated above...Went out this weekend and tripped over my guy lines several times lol

Cranky bear - I agree, I think I'm going to replace my tech line w/ the GLine for the reasons you stated above...Went out this weekend and tripped over my guy lines several times lol
    FWIW I used the Tech line for the prussics on the LiteTrail line and they worked perfectly!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    WWM with Dynaglide whoopies
    Tarp
    8.5x10 Zpack
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    DreamHmck slng/tog

line length

Addressing the tarp line length question, mine are short, 48". I have a loop on the end to be folded back so I can cinch around rocks or a deadman stick.

Hammock
    DIY PolyD 1.2
    Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod & DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Anchor
    Ultralight Designs has 1mm 150# bright yellow cord of sheathed spectra: http://www.ultralightdesigns.com/pro...yline-150.html

Mike
    Last edited by MDSH; 09-16-2012 at 19:24. Reason: spelling

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123