I am working on finishing setting up my new cuben tarp.
Originally, set it up like this:
1) Primary Ridgd Suspension. 2.2mm Zing-it and the small aluminum NiteIze Figure 9s.
2) "Corner" tie outs. Short Klemheist on 4' of NiteIze reflective cord (2.5 mm) and 6" of 1/16" shock cord. Total weight for this setup is 0.3 oz each (x4).
3) Rolled tarp door clips (for keeping the doors open and out of the way). Small plastic clips, weighing 0.3 oz each (x4).
4) Door ties (to stake out closed in "storm" mode). None currently.
5) Side pull outs. None currently.
New setup (to improve funtionality and lighten weight:
1) Primary Ridgd Suspension. Replaced 2.2mm Zing-it with 1.75mm Zing-it. Replaced NiteIze aluminum Figure 9s with plastic Kelty figure 9s from Noah's tarp. Total savings weight savings of 0.5 oz. Amended: I intend to swap out Figure 9s for Dutch Tarp Flyz (no weight savings but added strength over plastic)
2) "Corner" tie outs. No change, I am happy with this setup.
3) Rolled tarp door clips (for keeping the doors open and out of the way). Looking for ideas
4) Door ties (to stake out closed in "storm" mode). Looking for ideas
5) Side pull outs. Looking for ideas
Total weight of Cuben Tarp (in n stuff sack without door clips clips): 9.3 oz
I am really looking for some ideas on lighweight side pull outs and door closures (maybe to double as openers?). I have this idea of having the door pulls going to the same stake which secures the opposite corner. Is this practical? I have not yet had the chance to try this. If this is done, can these door pulls be used to secure the door in the "open" position as well? What is the most practical way to tie or clip these to the pull outs?
Any ideas are welcome.