Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Are the new ones on the website? When are the under quilts hitting the site. I own a clearance priced ember and I really like it. Everyone trashes them but it works great for me in moderate temps.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by swankfly View Post
    The pro nest is the lightest around 12ozs but it's only 8' long if I remember correctly.

They are also in the UQ business now.
    how much do the biners weigh?

Hammock
    WB Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    Cheap Mummy/ Pad
    Suspension
    Dutch Spiders
    Images
    I am happy with the single nest which is a smaller version of a double nest. The rope for the hammock is crap. And their biners take the majority of the weight. So I am not surprised they are finding a better options do not get their suspension the pro straps, atlas are fine they stretch I would also avoid getting any of their tarps their crap to. But if you do some mods on a eno you can sleep pretty well with the weight dramatically reduced.(put whoopies on)
    Bacon and Camping makes me happy.

"When life gives you lemons throw them back"
    Me

I camp in bear country and I am a bear Burrito.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by REV View Post
    i would trust it. you should see my lil black diamonds....

not sure about the rating or the weight of the biners, and about the DN size: we held RCracins up to mine (same hammock) and his was shorter by about 6" at least. it was also narrower.
    biners design to support a human (meaning they are design to keep a human from getting injured) have both a spine and gate force rating, typically in kN's. A kiloNewton is equal to about 225 lbs., which is a force of gravity rating, not static weight or mass.

Most climbing biners (those design to support a human) are going to have at least a 6 kN rating on the gate and a 21 kN rating on spine. That's the equivalent of 1350lbs on the gate and more than 4700 lbs on the spine.

No way am I going to trust my life to a biner that says "400 lbs" without a lot more information about its intended design and use.

You can get a biners that weigh less than an ounce and have 7 or 8 kN gate rating, and 21 to 23 spine ratings for $6 to $9 each.

I read somewhere on here, that because of all the angles and other math that was beyond my small brain, that the force applied to the tree was in excess of 600 lbs. What ENO is doing is a step up, but I think they need to go another step.
    Charles

Quest Velomobile QB005

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12