Hammock
    WBRR, DIY's
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter Pa
    Insulation
    HG Burrow 20, UGQ
    Suspension
    Warbonnet buckles
    Ann emailed me from Hennesy and offered to send me a check for the shipping. She seems like a genuinely kind and caring lady. I told her that I would price a fix locally and do whichever will be cheaper. I'm not out to get anyone and do not wish to waste anyone's money.

It is interesting that my issue was so similar to drchip's. The big difference is that where it appears to be delaminated from the seal strip, the sewing is coming undone there too. I have quite a few Hennessy tarps including the "stock" tarps, but I also have a few of their Hex tarps in both sIlnylon and the polyester. I just like the big size of them!

I will post some photographs tomorrow so you guys can see what I am talking about. Don't get me wrong, the Hennessy Hex is a good tarp but it is sad to see this same issue happen with 2 of their highest price tarps. It is just that for the same price (minus the hassle) , I can add another Warbonnet Superfly to my collection of tarps!

Cheers Tribe!
    Doc

P.S. Anyone want to buy a never used "repaired" Hennessy Hex in Sil? Lol!

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer UL
    Tarp
    DIY Winter Dream
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/JCP TQ
    Suspension
    WS/MSH
    Images
    I'd give you $5 for it!

Seriously, I really like the Hennessy company. I have dealt with them over the phone a couple of times, and they are really pleasant, eh! And, I really love my Explorer UL...

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Hey Doc B, just to clarify, my problem was with the asym diamond tarp, not the hex. And, I didn't see any problem with the threads. It almost seemed like the tape just was coming off the threads. Tom suggested it might be from the tarp being stored in conditions that were too hot. I store the tarp in my basement, so that isn't happening for me. I think he might have been suggesting that the company I bought it from (I didn't buy direct, I bought from a place called "ImagineGear.com," might have stored it improperly. Of course, still not sure how that would be, and how hot it might need to be to cause the tape to start to delaminate.

Anyhow, good luck with your tarp. I do think this is something folks (including Hennessy) should keep an eye on to make sure it's not a systemic problem.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    [QUOTE=Doc B;807440]The EXACT same thing happened to my HH Hex tarp as happened to Dr. Chip. I emailed Hennessy last evening and had a few email exchanges with them today. Actually it was Kilsten. The tarp has not been used yet, just set up and is still in warranty.

Their solution for me was to send mine back to them. Seeing the shipping cost people are mentioning, I may just repair it myself.

I just had the exact same problem with my Hennessy Hammock Tarp, used three times, I am very careful with my gear, I like to keep it looking new, no way was the fly put away wet or dirty or abused in any way. Still the same problem you mention.

Hennessy was more concerned where I purchased the tarp (fly). The cost of shipping my tarp back was $15.00. Hennessy has an agreement with Customs, he ships from the USA, I do not know how he works his returns for repair. I was not happy with the customer service I received, my equipment was out of warrantee, I knew that, I just wanted it repaired by the company that developed it. I thought they would do a better job. I did not want a messy repair. I was willing to pay the $15.00 shipping for the return from HH, and the $15.00 fee for repair. No problem, I just did not get the discussion about where I purchased the Hammock, I buy form small business when ever possible. I often do not retain their name. I was not happy with customer service. It is nice to hear the company is improving their customer relationships, that is a chunk of why people buy their product. Read through the prior post, I have noticed other people with complaints about the quality of their hammocks, recently, say within the past 6 months.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    Hennessy was more concerned where I purchased the tarp (fly). The cost of shipping my tarp back was $15.00. Hennessy has an agreement with Customs, he ships from the USA, I do not know how he works his returns for repair. [snip] I just did not get the discussion about where I purchased the Hammock, I buy form small business when ever possible. I often do not retain their name.
    Given the possibility of reseller damage to their products I can easily understand they would be wondering about where you bought it. If a run of bad products is showing up and manufacturing problems are not the issue, then who is selling the poor products? If a reseller is storing the tarps/hammocks/whatever in an inappropriate way it reflects on Hennessy. I would expect they would want to nip that problem either with the deletion of an account or the education of the reseller. So the question makes sense to me.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12