Thread: wtb Bug net

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images

wtb Bug net

I just purchased ( not yet received ) my first hammock and tarp. I am looking for a cheap bug net. I missed the one sold for 25 so something like that would be fine. I will take a diy like fronken. I will even take a kit with directions and all the material. I will be trying to locate the netting at a locale store if I do I will update this post. I don't have a sewing machine but feel sure I could find one, that why I am on the fence about either buying or making.

Hammock
    BIAS Camper
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's Tarp
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie w/ toggles
    You can order the materials from diygearsupply.com. I just ordered some noseeum material for a fronkey bugnet myself!

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bamaman08 View Post
    You can order the materials from diygearsupply.com. I just ordered some noseeum material for a fronkey bugnet myself!
    what was the total cost with tax and shipping. and thanks again.

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    You could also make it out of tulle. It would be way cheaper and lighter. I just bought 40yds for I think $17. Keep in mind though that it's fragile and easier to tear than noseeum net and will keep out mosquitoes but not noseeums.
    "As a well spent day brings happy sleep, a well spent life brings happy death." -Da Vinci

Hammock
    BIAS Camper
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's Tarp
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie w/ toggles
    I bought 7 yds of noseeum for roughly $28 with shipping, but I already had shock chord, thread, and a chord lock.

Also, like SwinginIt said, you could get tulle which is super cheap. You can find it at a Hobby Lobby, Joanne's, etc..

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bamaman08 View Post
    I bought 7 yds of noseeum for roughly $28 with shipping, but I already had shock chord, thread, and a chord lock.

Also, like SwinginIt said, you could get tulle which is super cheap. You can find it at a Hobby Lobby, Joanne's, etc..
    ok so i bit the bullet. i got the supplies from diy. thanks bamaman. hope mine turns out as good as yours. I bought the stretchy stuff they had on sale. figured if i am going to mess it up it might as well be with the cheaper stuff.

• + New Posts