Tarp
    diy hex or aysym
    Insulation
    diy's,jarbidge!!!!
    Suspension
    whoops, ucr, dutch
    Images

Talking

trying to get my ground dweling parents to come.... is it ok for them to come? i am a new member trying to convert said parents and wold like for them to meet other hangers.

Hammock
    diy, hk2001,bmbh
    Tarp
    diy hex or aysym
    Insulation
    diy's,jarbidge!!!!
    Suspension
    whoops, ucr, dutch
    Images
    i am still trying to persuade my ground dwelling parents to bring me. wold it be alright to bring them if they sleep in a tent? thanks

Hammock
    DYI, ENO DB, HH
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    WOOL
    Suspension
    STOCK
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_R View Post
    Ok so here is what the MT national Forest page says about Sno-Park passes.

"Sno*Park permits issued by Washington, California and Idaho are honored in Oregon, and Oregon permits are honored in those states. (However, if your vehicle has Washington plates, you must have a Washington permit to park in a winter recreation area in Washington.) Parking in an Oregon Sno*Park without a permit may result in a $30.00 fine, so be sure to obtain a permit and display it on your vehicle."

So it does seam that if your in Washington you can buy an Oregon pass it just wont work in Washington... That's how it sounds to me?
    The reason this is being put up is the annual Oregon pass (All year) is only $20 and I believe in Washington its $40.

You can also get a 3 day here for like $7-$10
    Thank You for the research Gary. If I understand correctly if our rental car has Washington plates we need a Washington permit. I can not just buy a Oregon Permit, and use it, because of the plates being from Washington. I never know where the cars we rent might be licensed. I never worried about permits. I have always used my Disabled Parking Permit or my Senior BLM Pass, no matter what state the rental car is from. Maybe I can just leave a note on the dash about the vehicle being a rental.

Hammock
    HH Explorer UL with Mod 4
    Tarp
    Gargoyle Custom
    Insulation
    Leigh'Lo/HG
    Suspension
    Adjustable Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by HURTHEART View Post
    Thank You for the research Gary. If I understand correctly if our rental car has Washington plates we need a Washington permit. I can not just buy a Oregon Permit, and use it, because of the plates being from Washington. I never know where the cars we rent might be licensed. I never worried about permits. I have always used my Disabled Parking Permit or my Senior BLM Pass, no matter what state the rental car is from. Maybe I can just leave a note on the dash about the vehicle being a rental.
    "However, if your vehicle has Washington plates, you must have a Washington permit to park in a winter recreation area in Washington."

The way I read that.. You can use an Oregon pass, it just wont work in Washington Sno-Parks if you have a Washington plates...
    It ends "In Washington"

How does everyone else read that...?
    My DIY Pulk Project
    http://www.landofrath.com/?p=573

Hammock
    DYI, ENO DB, HH
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    WOOL
    Suspension
    STOCK
    [QUOTE=Gary_R;909613]"However, if your vehicle has Washington plates, you must have a Washington permit to park in a winter recreation area in Washington."

The way I read that.. You can use an Oregon pass, it just wont work in Washington Sno-Parks if you have a Washington plates...
    It ends "In Washington"

How does everyone else read that...?[/QUOTE

I guess, I had better make some phone calls on Monday and see if I get a firm answer. My plates could be from almost any state. The vehicles freqently have Washington, California or Nevada plates. I just never worried about the plates before. I guess I need to smarten up befoe I end up fighting a ticket. I am not sure that if I put a not on the window that the Coppers will read it.

Thank You Gary.

Hammock
    The Kayak
    Tarp
    Exped scoutextreme
    Insulation
    HG UQ, Keltydownsb
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE & Tre Strp
    All are welcome, and remember if they don't feel like getting cold you could always try for the summer hang.

Quote Originally Posted by nuttysquirrel View Post
    i am still trying to persuade my ground dwelling parents to bring me. wold it be alright to bring them if they sleep in a tent? thanks

Hammock
    The Kayak
    Tarp
    Exped scoutextreme
    Insulation
    HG UQ, Keltydownsb
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE & Tre Strp
    I would double up if you have the option to. Just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by dedominick View Post
    Sweet. Thnx guys. I will probably rock a DIY winter tarp, 20 degree Golite TQ, 20 degree incubator... I am batting around doubling up with the flight jacket (45ish deg.) i won at summer hang, and a 30degree jarbidge UQ
    i dont have a UQP, but the doors totally close.

getting Psyched, just figured out my winter clothing layers today. Had stuff all over the living room when the wife got home

Hammock
    DYI, ENO DB, HH
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    WOOL
    Suspension
    STOCK
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_R View Post
    "However, if your vehicle has Washington plates, you must have a Washington permit to park in a winter recreation area in Washington."

It ends "In Washington"

How does everyone else read that...?
    Hello, again, Gary
    Okay, the way I read it is: Washington State does not want Washington State residents, purchasing the less expensive Oregon SnoPark Pass, so, if your vehicle has Washington plates on it you must have a Washington parks permit. That fundamentaly blocks Washington residents from purchasing the Oregon SnoPark Pass, (which carries a lower price tag) and using it in their home state. I will have to call the folks about my question on the license plates for rental vehicles.

Hammock
    HH Explorer UL with Mod 4
    Tarp
    Gargoyle Custom
    Insulation
    Leigh'Lo/HG
    Suspension
    Adjustable Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by HURTHEART View Post
    Hello, again, Gary
    Okay, the way I read it is: Washington State does not want Washington State residents, purchasing the less expensive Oregon SnoPark Pass, so, if your vehicle has Washington plates on it you must have a Washington parks permit. That fundamentaly blocks Washington residents from purchasing the Oregon SnoPark Pass, (which carries a lower price tag) and using it in their home state. I will have to call the folks about my question on the license plates for rental vehicles.
    I really think it only matters if you are going to Washington..
    The hang is in Oregon so I think your safe.

If worried about it don't buy a pass till you have your rental car. Or ask to make sure you have Oregon plates.
    The question I would ask along with that is do the rental cars have traction devices in there car or studded wheels?
    Last edited by Gary_R; 01-12-2013 at 13:16.
    My DIY Pulk Project
    http://www.landofrath.com/?p=573

Hammock
    DutchWare Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing, whoopies
    I can make this! I'll be Zugcat's co-pilot.

Looking forward to meet all of you and try out some new gear!

• + New Posts
  • Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast