I finally finished my UQ! Actually I finished it two weeks ago but I was waiting to post until I had a chance to weigh it. I know how you HF people love your numbers .
I ended up using a full pillow for this project. I really did not intend to... Does it have enough in it yet?... nope needs a little more here and over here.... and then it PUFFED BACK UP! The original dimensions were 42"x58"x3" baffles. The ending result is 39"x52" and an average of 2.5" of fluff. It weighs 1 lbs and 7oz or 652 grams. I got the material from DIYGear.com and the down well from K-mart. It has 1/8 in shock cord for suspension and the same for the draw cords on the ends. It attaches using two micro S-biners.
I got a chance to try it out weekend before last and was quite pleased with the results. The temps got down to 65° and had a small shower in the early evening (right after I got every thing set up ). I did get a little cold on the top of my body, I had on t-shirt, shorts and was in a sleeping bag liner. I think with the addition of my down sleeping bag from Mountain Engineering and a thin foam sheet for under my feet (the kind they use to put around computer monitors and appliances) I will be just fine.
I will be putting it to another test this weekend in the Ozark National Forest in the Richland Creek area.