We just got a redbone coonhound puppy (9 weeks now) last week and we are planning on taking her with us...Right now she is 12 lbs. and has put on 2 lbs since we got her a week ago...We have a 4 day/3 night trip planned for the end of September and I am looking for any recommendations on how to make this trip enjoyable for her ...Our plan is to hike 10-15 miles per day...Our plan is to take her on ALL our trips and figured if we started her young that she would really enjoy it...

Here is what we are thinking, since she is so small (right now) we are figuring she should be able to sleep with one of us...Our only concern with this is her toe nails tearing our hammock or TQ...We are thinking that maybe we should get her some booties to wear while she is in the hammock...Right now she eats about 2 cups of food/day so by the time we leave it could be 3 cups...We will figure out when the time is close how much we will need for her...Also, we will plan on taking some treats for her too...My wife is planning getting a small bell for her, a harness, 15' leash (for tying her off at night in case she get's out of the hammock), collapsible food/water dish and booties...

If there is anything else that we are forgetting or you would recommend please let me know...Thanks!!!