Hi, I'm Fred... and I'm addicted to hanging.

Darn you Shug!

I caught some interest in the idea of hammock hanging. Shug and his videos really helped fan the flames.

I've done several hammock overnighters since I caught the bug. My original plan was to use it while camping on the bicycle. I had given up on hiking, because I had been spoiled by my days of backpacking in the mountains of New Hampshire.

A much younger version of myself, and Oscar.

Well, I recently did a very short solo backpacking trek through a local swamp, and had a blast.

My wife and I did a car camping trip, and she even gave sleeping in the hammock a try, and loved it. What we did was mostly car touring of Blackwater State Forest, what a great place!

She's quite the catch...

I've been to Blackwater on two other over night trips. One where I mostly drove around scouting for a future trip. The other was when I was giving my bicycle packing system a trial run.

I know there's more like me out there. I've seen you posting not he forums. The first step is to admit we have a problem. The next step is to gather up our gear, and get out and enjoy our addiction. So, feel free to give your own testimonial, and maybe we can get a few folks out on a group hang for the area.

I know I just got here, and this is crazy, here's my hammock, hang with me maybe?