I just called HH guess who is answering the Telephone these days? Mr Tom Hennessy himself!

I have a two year old Explorer Deluxe, zip. Only used a few times, I am very fussy about my gear, I like it in new condition even if it is old. I never put anything away wet, damaged or smelly.

Some how over a two week period, my Explorer developed a few issues, the rain fly backing has a line where the repellent part is not looking very good. Also some how over a two week period the rope has developed a soft spot. I am not sure if Willow sunk a tooth into the rope or what, just one .5 inch spot of damage, soft and frayed.

Mr. Hennessy was not very helpful when I enquired about the cost of having the rope repaired. He did not want to answer my question about if the fly was worth having repaired, the damaged area is .125 inches by about 6 inches long. If I did not buy it directly from him, they want nothing to do with it.

I am selling all of my Hennessy Junk, I will list photo's later today. Two hammocks, three rainflys, new never used Monsoon with two doors, Cub and rainfly. Oh yes and one of his XL Poncho/rainfly out of silnylon.

I guess be very careful about buying Hennessy, if he is only responsible for gear he sells directly from his company, I do not know why he puts his name on it if he is not interested in standing by his products.
I was willing to pay for the repairs, he just was not willing to do them.

Eagles Nest may be a beginner, but they were great when I had a problem, they took care of my issue right-a-way, I would have paid them, they just took care of the problem for me. That earns loyality.

I looked at lots of Hammocks last weekend, I even won a DO IT YOURSELFER, that I am looking forward to finishing with in the next day or two. There are lots of Start-Up-Companies that are going to stand behind their products. I am going to switch to them. Sometimes companies along with people get too big, and forget where they come from. Reputations are the difference between win and loose in this economy!

I am not unreasonable, but I expect to go back to the marketer and say I have need of a simple repair, I want your company to repair your gear, I will pay for the service and the shipping. Then I expect to be treated in a respectful manner, and either be told we will repair, or we do not repair. The hammock is out of warrantee, I expected to pay, not have a debate on where it was purchased. If Hennessy is not going to repair anything except what he has sold from his Web Site, that should be stated in his terms of purchase!