Tarp
    DIY 12' BlackCat
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiblets View Post
    Since I'm leaving my canoe behind, I may as well try to leave the car behind too. Anyone going from Toronto have space for an extra passenger?
    I might be able to give you a lift. I'm going to have to go through Orangeville if I did.
    Survival is about getting out alive, Bushcraft is about going in to live - Chard (aka Forest-Hobo)

Upcoming EGL Hangs:
    tbd. For EGL notifications, subscribe to the EGL Hang Notification Thread
    EGL Trip Reports:
    The Collection Follow me on Instagram

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Stock Cinche
    When is the meet up time? Are we doing a group paddle in like last year?

I have an assignment due on the 28th which I am hoping to hand in early but I may not be able to leave Ottawa till 8:30am.

Also where do I go? Where's the entry point?
    I like metric, I use metric, for those of you who don't ... you should, for those of you who won't ... here.
    0*C - 32*F, 10*C - 50*F, 20*C - 68*F, 30*C - 86*F
    100g - 3.52oz, 500g - 17.63oz, 1kg - 2.2lbs, 16oz - 1lbs
    10cm - 3.9", 1m - 3.28ft, 1km - 0.62mi

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasuko View Post
    When is the meet up time? Are we doing a group paddle in like last year?

I have an assignment due on the 28th which I am hoping to hand in early but I may not be able to leave Ottawa till 8:30am.

Also where do I go? Where's the entry point?
    Originally chard mentioned a departure time of 8:00 or 9:00. I certainly would like to get paddling as early as possible. Its probably a 6 hour drive from Ottawa so you probably won't reach the access point until mid to late afternoon.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    WWBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Super fly
    Insulation
    Burrow&Incubator
    Suspension
    webbing or whoopie
    I am leaving from Stratford and will be at park office between 8 and 9 am fri. can take 407 to 401 or take back way up threw Orangeville if needed. If anyone wants a lift let me know?

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Karo + HG TQ
    Suspension
    AHE Web/Buckles
    Images
    Hi Kasuko,

Definitely better to hand in the report early and be at the launch for 8:00-9:00 am Friday morning. If your paddling with Cedar, I don't think he's going to want to wait at the launch until well past noon (nor would I).

In talking with chard there are three meetup options:

1) meet at the launch
    2) meet at the ranger station in Kearney (makes sense for permits).
    3) Meet at Tim Horton's in Huntsville (this works as well).

Here is a link to google maps for Kearney:
    https://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=...y,+ON&ie=UTF-8

If you follow the 518 around the lake and then get on forestry tower rd. all the way to Magnetawan that'll take you to the access point, but you'll have to register at the ranger station first in any event.

The ranger station is in the community center at the main intersection. There is a picture on the park page.

http://www.algonquinpark.on.ca/visit...cess-point.php

Dan.

Hammock
    1.9oz DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    DIY UCR
    Me and the BOSS can meet at any of the three places Dan has listed at any time of the morning.
    Have to make arrangements with Cedar to meet at his place to pick up the boat he is graciously loaning us!
    I would propose that for all that can make it in the early AM we meet at the Timmies in Huntsville and then convoy onward from there. Say at 7:30 - 8:00 AM that would have us to the launch by 9:30 ish. But we are good with what ever works for you guys.

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Stock Cinche
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedar328 View Post
    ... so far I am bringing a paddle for Bubba and Kasuko and a ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedar328 View Post
    ... I will bring the tandem for Kasuko and I ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    ... we meet at the Timmies in Huntsville and then convoy onward from there. Say at 7:30 - 8:00 AM ...
    Ok, so let me just go through this to make sure I have everything correct. I will be driving from Ottawa to the Timmies in Huntsville for around 7:30 - 8:00 AM where I will then be meeting Cedar who will have a paddle and a spot in a canoe for me.

We well then canoe out to a site, set up a base camp and have some adventures.

We will then be packing up and heading out on the Sunday, where we will maybe get a burger and a beer together and go home to rest.

Any mistakes?
    I like metric, I use metric, for those of you who don't ... you should, for those of you who won't ... here.
    0*C - 32*F, 10*C - 50*F, 20*C - 68*F, 30*C - 86*F
    100g - 3.52oz, 500g - 17.63oz, 1kg - 2.2lbs, 16oz - 1lbs
    10cm - 3.9", 1m - 3.28ft, 1km - 0.62mi

Hammock
    Speers
    Tarp
    Speers Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    HG 20° Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Kasuko....Sounds right from my view point?

Jayson and Tracy, I will have the canoe for you on my car already, so we can meet with the group or if you come to my place first I can drive from here and we can leave your car to share on parking/fuel?

Kasuko, I may even be able to fit all four of us, depending on whether we leave our hairdryers and extension cords at home ....so you could leave your car at or near Huntsville/Novar if you are cool with that?

I like the idea of Tim's as a start off too but am cool with any of the spots dant8ro suggested.

Getting down to the fine details.... Getting excited

Cheers

Cedar.

P.S. there is more than one Tim's in Huntsville so we should probably clarify which one at some point if thats where we decide to meet?
    ...to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach,...

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    My sheer manliness
    Suspension
    Whatever works
    Hey all,

After a bit of persuasion, I was able to get Friday off from work, and an approved weekend off from the family, so I should be good to tag along!

Since this is a canoe trip, and I do not have a canoe, I will need a spot on a canoe, and a paddle. Possibly a PFD, as mine is currently up in the cottage in Quebec so it doesn't look like i'll be able to make it up there to pick it up in time for this trip.

I know a few of you have offered your extra gear to people in need, so if anyone can accommodate me that would be fantastic! I will prepare for rentals in any event, however.

I will be driving from Ottawa, so if anyone would like a ride from that direction, let me know so we can make arrangements, and I am also up for arranging a carpool of sorts. My original reservation was being able to make it there on Friday at the designated time, but it looks like that shouldn't be too much of a problem now (a coffee IV drip during the drive should be enough)

Chard, I am pleased my insulation choice amused you! Since the temperatures have dropped, I have had to humble myself and get an UQ/TQ, so one of these days, i'll update that

Well here's hoping for safe driving, calm waters, and great weather for all of us!

Hammock
    DIY Lazy Ryvr Bridge, Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Hard Rock Shelter
    Insulation
    DIY Karo UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    and I'm back in (this is getting to be a bad habit for me) but only for one night. I will be coming in Friday with the group and leaving saturday afternoon.

So far I will be paddling solo, unless Bubba informs me otherwise.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting some new ppl.

Ryvr
    When you discard arrogance, complexity, and a few other things that get in the way, sooner or later you will discover that simple, childlike, and mysterious secret known to those of the Uncarved Block: Life is Fun.

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast