Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    Warbonnet superfly
    Insulation
    pad, IX UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    The first time I saw a Shug vid (tarp rap) I cracked up and went to get my wife to show her. She laughed, and said he must do this professionally, he is too talented to just make a video like that. Sure enough I clicked on his you tube page and right there was the proof of her statement. We've watched them all. Thanks Shug for the laughs and education! keep 'em comming.
    Take this soul, stranded in some skin and bones, take this soul and make it sing.

Hammock
    DIY Walmart Fabric
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Suspension
    Strap & Carabiner
    The tarp rap one was PAINFUL. Of course I had to watch it twice, just to be sure...

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by willhang1 View Post
    The first time I saw a Shug vid (tarp rap) I cracked up and went to get my wife to show her. She laughed, and said he must do this professionally, he is too talented to just make a video like that. Sure enough I clicked on his you tube page and right there was the proof of her statement. We've watched them all. Thanks Shug for the laughs and education! keep 'em comming.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post
    The tarp rap one was PAINFUL. Of course I had to watch it twice, just to be sure...
    Hip-hop and rappin' are my forté.......yo))))))
    Lil' Shuggy-B
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling +MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by ninkum View Post
    One thing I appreciate is that he shows "his" way and he encourages you to find your own. .
    I think this is one of the greatest features of your videos, Shug. It helps to knit the community together so we can respect each other (and our differing options) and continue to spread the love of the outdoors.

In regards to that respect and consideration, I hope we don't put too much pressure on the ol' Shug. I'm sure in addition to continuous fan requests, there are probably vendors looking to plug their products. I can see how this pressure can detract from the whole forum/video-making experience.
    I wonder how you deal with all these demands because you certainly appear to handle them with grace and gratitude.

DT

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Thought View Post
    I think this is one of the greatest features of your videos, Shug. It helps to knit the community together so we can respect each other (and our differing options) and continue to spread the love of the outdoors.

In regards to that respect and consideration, I hope we don't put too much pressure on the ol' Shug. I'm sure in addition to continuous fan requests, there are probably vendors looking to plug their products. I can see how this pressure can detract from the whole forum/video-making experience.
    I wonder how you deal with all these demands because you certainly appear to handle them with grace and gratitude.

DT
    Nice words and Deep Thoughts...!
    As long as it is fun I will continue. And it still is. I like the editing part the mostest.
    It is fun to show gear that I really like and I won't slam gear that doesn't as I want my videos to be positive.
    Really just feature stuff that I use.
    Do get a freebie from time to time to test as they know I will use it as I try to backpack with the hammy as often as possible.
    Thank you offered with grace.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Another Shug follower, reporting in. I'm fortunate enough to live in Sector 7 but have not yet had the honor of meeting him on the trail.

I used to hate winter. Truly hate it. Then I moved to Minnesota. Among the other winter-loving people I've met here, Shug is the foremost. I NEVER would have dreamed of something so insane as winter camping, but now I'm longing to hang in the frosty piney woods. I'm wishing for an underquilt, but Shug reassured me in the noob videos that a pad would do me just fine, and that's what I'm gonna use. I now have much more confidence to just get out there and use what I have.

Thanks for investing so much time and energy into chronicling your adventures and sharing your passion with us. The legacy you are leaving behind is priceless.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    WB straps
    I had the pleasure of hanging with shug last weekend. I have to say, he is just as much fun as he is in his videos. Because he has made so many great videos, it has made him a bit of a celebrity in the hammock community. I don't know why, but I was a bit surprised but just how nice and patient he was with all my newbie questions. I had been having trouble getting my under quilt adjusted correctly, and he did not hesitate to help me get a proper fit. So I guess the point of this post is, I'm another guy to chime in and say "Great guy".

Hammock
    BB 1.7DL w/dutch
    Tarp
    SUPERFLY
    Insulation
    HG TOP&BOTTOM
    Suspension
    DUTCH & WHOOPIES
    One day I came on this forum asking a quick question about Hammocking. I was informed to watch Shug's vid's and now I have everything!!!!!! I mean the best of everything...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    So, Thank you Shug for depleting my bank account....
    This Hammocking hobby is not good on the pocketbook.....

Thanks SHUG.... the vids are awesome and very informative...

Hammock
    HH Explorer Zip
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Stock
    I have to agree. Shug's video's are the most entertaining way to get information on all this wide world of hammocking. I have to say I am a fan as well. Thank you much for showing all of us that are new that we can get out there with what we have. Whoooo Buddy, you are one in a million for sure.

DRF

Hammock
    DH 11' Freebird
    Tarp
    Kelty 9x9
    Insulation
    DIY Poncho/GoLite
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle Strap
    Images
    I too am a fan. For quite some time my wife thought SHUG was a vendor where all my money was going. Finally had to show her a video and tell her he was the reason!
    ~Adventure Before Dementia~

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast