eno dblnest
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator/usmss
    Suspension
    tree staps/whoopie

about donations

i just became a donating member after seeing in a post a mention of the donation only area having more then just the roundtable mentioned in the terms of service. i would like to recomend that when people go to the donation sign up page that it shows exactly what benifits you get for donating. if i had known all the extra forums you get i would have donated before today.

on a side note i noticed that even having donated i still have to wait for 50 posts to view the pay it forward thread. i understand that you want contributeing members only to view it. i know i will get there eventualy, but it was a little annoying.

thanks for your time

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Leigh's Uq /UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Woopie/Dutch
    Ya bummer I can not see it.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Leigh's Uq /UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Woopie/Dutch
    Maybe I am doing something wrong. I am sure that is the case for me. (laughing)

Most don't read the TOS ( http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=25509 ) which explains almost everything, for the rest a very easy search for donating member will bring up a plethora of threads (not all are relevant though).

I think that a hyperlink to the TOS under the Donate tab would be a good thing as it would promote others to read the TOS and have a better understanding.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I seen the whole pay it fwd thread happen. Since people are giving items away in good faith they put the 50 posts rule to make sure it wasn't being abuse by people that have little dedication to the forums. It is amazing that the PIF thread works and it took some good crafting by the mods and the good spirit of the HF family to keep it going. I can't think of another community that that would work so well. 50 posts are just a minor inconvienence to protect it for everybody.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Leigh's Uq /UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Woopie/Dutch
    I understand and think everyone here is great and the HF family has helped me in many ways with my own family which I will not bother you all with. I just had issues reading it I will try again maybe something has changed or I am stupid (laughing) I am sure it is me.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Dutch is right about the PIF requirement. There have been a few instances of folks receiving goods but not shipping their promised items. Increasing the post requirement not only raises the standard of commitment to the community before receiving free goods (which can be gamed), but also gives the other members a better feel for whether they want to enter into a business arrangement (even if it's "free") with that member. Then it becomes caveat emptor and it's harder to game.

The post count requirement isn't perfect, but it's the best option that we have to work with at this time.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    Most don't read the TOS ( http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=25509 ) which explains almost everything, for the rest a very easy search for donating member will bring up a plethora of threads (not all are relevant though).

I think that a hyperlink to the TOS under the Donate tab would be a good thing as it would promote others to read the TOS and have a better understanding.
    Nowadays, I don't think anyone reads ANY TOS. When I have people sign release forms for a team I coach, I tell them to read all fine print. I usually tell them they are actually co-signing a morgage for me

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    In this case the TOS does to a large extent explain how the forums will be moderated, (or read the rules stickies: PIF). You agree to these terms when you sign up. It really saves us all a lot of headaches when folks read through them. You don't have to memorize them, but if you have any questions the answers are usually right there.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    eno dblnest
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator/usmss
    Suspension
    tree staps/whoopie
    oh i agree completely i was just more surprised then anything about the pif. but i mainly started this thread about the benifits of donating should be listed more clearly and on the page where you sign up to donate, i fell it would help to get more donations.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast