Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Ohio Hang September

Hey guys. so lets start thinking about the September hang and get something on the books. My knee surgery is set for September 26 so I want to do this at least the weekend before then. The site and date is up for discussion. I hope we can get it on the books before the 26th. What you think?

Jeremy
    Last edited by TheCoyote; 08-31-2012 at 12:37.

Hammock
    RG60
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    HG 20*
    Suspension
    Makin' whoopie
    I am looking into a hang site here on the shores of Erie. Not too often one can camp on lake erie. I belong to a private beach club. Not much in the way of hiking, but we can have a fire, likely get multiple hammocks (to be determined), sunsets over the lake, access to bathroom and kitchen amenities if we want it, great view of cleveland. Again, this is not much for hiking, but it is private access only, with optional amenities (I believe there is a cost involved for use of clubhouse). I just moved here and am not sure of all details yet. If there is interest let me know and I will speak with the president of the beach club. Those interested in cool dayhikes, chapin forest, penitentiary glen, holden arboretum are just a few of the parks in 20 minute drive.
    Those who speak don't know, those who know don't speak.

“They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price. ” ― Khalil Gibran

We will see what other member have to say Brother_Jeffrey. It needs to be close enough for most members to get to in a reasonable time. Hope we can get most Ohio members out on this one. Really want to get out and meet y'all and this is my last chance before surgery

Hammock
    RG60
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    HG 20*
    Suspension
    Makin' whoopie
    Just an idea there. I will keep my eye on the thread. I wouldn't mind heading southbound either. I actually just went down to the beach to scope hang spots. There are a few really good ones right near the water, but overall not ideal. It would be good for a few hangers, but not for more than about 4 or 5. Anyhow, I wouldn't mind a mohican hang, or heading down towards wildcat.

“They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price. ” ― Khalil Gibran

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dl
    Tarp
    WB Edge or SF
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    WB web or whoopies
    Images
    I doubt I will make the group hang this month. The only weekend where I have any time free will be next weekend, so I'm going to do an overnight to Zaleski on the 8th. Though if anyone wants to join me that's cool. Maybe I can make the group hang next month.

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Jeffrey View Post
    I am looking into a hang site here on the shores of Erie. Not too often one can camp on lake erie. I belong to a private beach club. Not much in the way of hiking, but we can have a fire, likely get multiple hammocks (to be determined), sunsets over the lake, access to bathroom and kitchen amenities if we want it, great view of cleveland. Again, this is not much for hiking, but it is private access only, with optional amenities (I believe there is a cost involved for use of clubhouse). I just moved here and am not sure of all details yet. If there is interest let me know and I will speak with the president of the beach club. Those interested in cool dayhikes, chapin forest, penitentiary glen, holden arboretum are just a few of the parks in 20 minute drive.
    I would love this, love this, love this, love this, love this.....did I say that I would totally love this Please, please, pretty please Used to jet ski, fish, and boat out of Port Clinton. Love Lake Erie

Hammock
    BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    HG 4 Season Cuben
    Insulation
    All HammockGear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchHook
    Hey everyone. I'd love to come meet some fellow Ohio hangers. Im trying to make it to Maryland this month to hike the AT. But I also would like to come to this. I'm totally flexible on location and dates. My suggestions would be Cuyahoga Valley NP or maybe Hocking Hills area. Lots of hiking at both

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrewGuy View Post
    Hey everyone. I'd love to come meet some fellow Ohio hangers. Im trying to make it to Maryland this month to hike the AT. But I also would like to come to this. I'm totally flexible on location and dates. My suggestions would be Cuyahoga Valley NP or maybe Hocking Hills area. Lots of hiking at both
    You cant stay overnight (parking you will get ticketed) At Cuyahoga Valley NP . There is a site near by called Stanford House though, it not far from the NP but not in the Park. I have stayed overnight in The Valley but you really gotta be stealth lol.

I would love this, love this, love this, love this, love this.....did I say that I would totally love this Please, please, pretty please Used to jet ski, fish, and boat out of Port Clinton. Love Lake Erie
    I know quite a few spots on the Lake lol. One spot its hard to find a place to park because there is no overnight parking. So that makes it tuff.

There is also a place I like to go, you walk a Creek for miles and miles I park off of Fay Rd. This is also a possibility for a short hike and cool scenery. We would go in down by the bridge here 41.687251,-81.222734 and park here 41.695821,-81.226045. Just copy and paste the co-ordinates to see location.

Jeremy

Hammock
    RG60
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    HG 20*
    Suspension
    Makin' whoopie
    I feel like this needs to be at a confirmed place, an organized hang can't really be stealth, unfortunately. My beach spot has hanging spots, but most are pretty close to residential area with a short walk (2 min) to the common area. It is also pretty tight where you can hang, so there are no burbs to hang in. I think I may make a separate thread for the beach hang once I figure out details and capacity.

Hammock
    Yukon Double W Diy Woopies
    Tarp
    kelty Noah's 12
    Suspension
    DIY Woopies,Rap ri
    Images
    Looking forward to a Sept Hang; hope I can make it, all depends on the weekend.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast