Tarp
    SupaFly
    Insulation
    Flight jacket Zepp
    Suspension
    diy whoopie& strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaussinator View Post
    Hey, glad to hear you all made it back safe-- sounds like you did a good job of improvising and managed to convert a few ground dwellers in the process!

Just tonight, I was in Ollie's looking at their camo tarps. Is that what you used? I'm not sure if I should go with 8x10 or 10x12. I love my DIY asymmetrical tarp, but its VERY blue, and I'd like to blend in a little better.

No hangin for me this past weekend... we had family in from PA and the closest I got to the woods was all the geocaching logs hitting my email from caches I have all over Danville and Pitt. Co. Oh well, maybe this next weekend. . .
    yes it is the one from Ollies it is the 10x12 i like it its not a slinylon but it works gerat. Not too heavy either.
    -Klauss
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmike65 View Post
    I think if I had a family group of 6 to hammock I would forego the individual tarps and put up one large tarp setup to cover the whole group. I can picture two scenarios:

1. use one tree as a center pole for the end of all hammocks, which hang out like spokes on a wheel. Run overlapping tarps out from the center pole. There are plenty of pole rigs for supporting one end of a hammock, that you could bring on for each, just in case you don't have a handy tree for all.

2. run hammocks between trees that are in a fairly close circle, then run tarpage over the whole area and wide enough to cover the hammocks. I like this idea because then you have a large protected area for family activities and meals.
    I was thinking the same thing earlier today,I think indiviual tarps would work more often than not due to tree arrangement, and if i could get the bike spoke set up would be a bonus.The advantage of one large tarp/family area would be ideal tho.
    It's not the fall im scared of, it's the sudden stop at the end!!!

Only hang as high as your willing to fall- H.F. member

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 single-layer
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & SOL Bivvy
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by visionarylion View Post
    I was thinking the same thing earlier today,I think indiviual tarps would work more often than not due to tree arrangement, and if i could get the bike spoke set up would be a bonus.The advantage of one large tarp/family area would be ideal tho.
    Check out my older pics of a one-tree hang. With a short pole and a double-stake setup, you only need to tie one end to a tree, making either type of setup entirely possible as long as you're car-camping. I'm still experimenting with an ultralight setup, so I can have the option while I'm out hiking. I like options

One scout trip we had boys hanging Skipper/Gilligan style under 1 tarp. I saw somewhere on these forums a technique for hanging two hammocks side by side from two trees. If you then stack 'em. Thats four taken care of. Then if you use two person hammocks, that takes care of eight. Counting you and your wife, and five kids you could bring a friend. All under one tarp.
    Life is Good!
    Hammocks * Scouts * Kites
    用心棒

Hammock
    BMBH UL
    Tarp
    SupaFly
    Insulation
    Flight jacket Zepp
    Suspension
    diy whoopie& strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Artjrk View Post
    One scout trip we had boys hanging Skipper/Gilligan style under 1 tarp. I saw somewhere on these forums a technique for hanging two hammocks side by side from two trees. If you then stack 'em. Thats four taken care of. Then if you use two person hammocks, that takes care of eight. Counting you and your wife, and five kids you could bring a friend. All under one tarp.
    we might need a lader for thae would look cool tho
    It's not the fall im scared of, it's the sudden stop at the end!!!

Only hang as high as your willing to fall- H.F. member

Hammock
    DH Raven/SLD Trail lair
    Tarp
    UGQ WD/SLD Asym
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DutchBuckle &Sling
    Awesome to think you will have to have 7 hammocks now......and here i was in a panic because i will need 5.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12