Quote Originally Posted by Klaussinator View Post
Hey, glad to hear you all made it back safe-- sounds like you did a good job of improvising and managed to convert a few ground dwellers in the process!

Just tonight, I was in Ollie's looking at their camo tarps. Is that what you used? I'm not sure if I should go with 8x10 or 10x12. I love my DIY asymmetrical tarp, but its VERY blue, and I'd like to blend in a little better.

No hangin for me this past weekend... we had family in from PA and the closest I got to the woods was all the geocaching logs hitting my email from caches I have all over Danville and Pitt. Co. Oh well, maybe this next weekend. . .
yes it is the one from Ollies it is the 10x12 i like it its not a slinylon but it works gerat. Not too heavy either.
-Klauss
Quote Originally Posted by mrmike65 View Post
I think if I had a family group of 6 to hammock I would forego the individual tarps and put up one large tarp setup to cover the whole group. I can picture two scenarios:

1. use one tree as a center pole for the end of all hammocks, which hang out like spokes on a wheel. Run overlapping tarps out from the center pole. There are plenty of pole rigs for supporting one end of a hammock, that you could bring on for each, just in case you don't have a handy tree for all.

2. run hammocks between trees that are in a fairly close circle, then run tarpage over the whole area and wide enough to cover the hammocks. I like this idea because then you have a large protected area for family activities and meals.
I was thinking the same thing earlier today,I think indiviual tarps would work more often than not due to tree arrangement, and if i could get the bike spoke set up would be a bonus.The advantage of one large tarp/family area would be ideal tho.