Tarp
    SupaFly
    Insulation
    Flight jacket Zepp
    Suspension
    diy whoopie& strap
    Images

Thumbs up extreme camping w/a hammock

Well i am headed to Hanging Rock State Park today, with my wife and our 5 kids.Yes 5 kids ,the only downfall is i only have two hammocks and one tarp , so i think we will just use my old whipped end hammock for lounging around while i sleep in my G.T. I think it will work if the kids dont fight over the extra hammock. its gonna be a blast.
    Happy Laborday All.
    It's not the fall im scared of, it's the sudden stop at the end!!!

Only hang as high as your willing to fall- H.F. member

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Have a great trip! Sounds like you are going to be doing a lot of refereeing.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    DIY dbl.layer
    Tarp
    DIY camo semi-cat
    Insulation
    DIY IX-UQ
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Sounds awsome (and potentially interesting . . .) !
    Have fun, stay safe, and remember - PICS, OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

If I hang this weekend, it'll be right here in little old "Dan-Vegas"

-Klauss

Hammock
    Clark DLX, ENO SN, BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    OxPalace,Big Squid
    Insulation
    Oxgear, KAQ, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Have fun on your adventure. My grand kids love hanging out in the hammock on camping trips. Too many folks out enjoying the holiday for me....but next weekend I'm out there.

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Chinook
    Sounds fun -- from CH here and I love Hanging Rock. Lots of good hiking there.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Great park....did some rock climbing there in the early 70's. Also check out Pilot Mt and Stone Mt State Parks
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    BMBH UL
    Tarp
    SupaFly
    Insulation
    Flight jacket Zepp
    Suspension
    diy whoopie& strap
    Images
    well the trip was a blast even tho it rained like crazy sunday.turned my wife into a hanger, along with all 5 of my kids. i was told that i have 4 more hammocks to make and tarps to get seems like i may have my work cut out for me:eek. unforentaly i was only able to get a few pix becouse we dont have a camra and my phone batt would not charge.we ended up hikeing the Window falls and Hidden falls trail with the kids they loved it think im turning them into avid camper/hikers. the girls more than any tho, they ran around camp all weekend barefooted and wide open, soaking wet, loveing every munit.. the first set of pix are befor it rained sat i was not planing on my wife sleeping in the hammock,or the rain for that matter so we didnt have a tarp for it. the second set is after she decided that she wanted to sleep in it, and i worked it out with what i had, which was her old poncho form Girl Scouts along with an cheap desposable poncho. She kept dry and i converted the whole fam.Prettyt good weekend if i do say os ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's not the fall im scared of, it's the sudden stop at the end!!!

Only hang as high as your willing to fall- H.F. member

Hammock
    DIY dbl.layer
    Tarp
    DIY camo semi-cat
    Insulation
    DIY IX-UQ
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Hey, glad to hear you all made it back safe-- sounds like you did a good job of improvising and managed to convert a few ground dwellers in the process!

Just tonight, I was in Ollie's looking at their camo tarps. Is that what you used? I'm not sure if I should go with 8x10 or 10x12. I love my DIY asymmetrical tarp, but its VERY blue, and I'd like to blend in a little better.

No hangin for me this past weekend... we had family in from PA and the closest I got to the woods was all the geocaching logs hitting my email from caches I have all over Danville and Pitt. Co. Oh well, maybe this next weekend. . .

-Klauss

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 single-layer
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & SOL Bivvy
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    I think if I had a family group of 6 to hammock I would forego the individual tarps and put up one large tarp setup to cover the whole group. I can picture two scenarios:

1. use one tree as a center pole for the end of all hammocks, which hang out like spokes on a wheel. Run overlapping tarps out from the center pole. There are plenty of pole rigs for supporting one end of a hammock, that you could bring on for each, just in case you don't have a handy tree for all.

2. run hammocks between trees that are in a fairly close circle, then run tarpage over the whole area and wide enough to cover the hammocks. I like this idea because then you have a large protected area for family activities and meals.

Quote Originally Posted by visionarylion View Post
    well the trip was a blast even tho it rained like crazy sunday.turned my wife into a hanger, along with all 5 of my kids. i was told that i have 4 more hammocks to make and tarps to get seems like i may have my work cut out for me:eek. unforentaly i was only able to get a few pix becouse we dont have a camra and my phone batt would not charge.we ended up hikeing the Window falls and Hidden falls trail with the kids they loved it think im turning them into avid camper/hikers. the girls more than any tho, they ran around camp all weekend barefooted and wide open, soaking wet, loveing every munit.. the first set of pix are befor it rained sat i was not planing on my wife sleeping in the hammock,or the rain for that matter so we didnt have a tarp for it. the second set is after she decided that she wanted to sleep in it, and i worked it out with what i had, which was her old poncho form Girl Scouts along with an cheap desposable poncho. She kept dry and i converted the whole fam.Prettyt good weekend if i do say os ...
    Looks like a great trip brother. Family outings are always great

Jeremy

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast