WBBB Dbl 1.7
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Thermarest & Bag
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners

No Change in Hennesy Suspension????

I have a HH EXP Deluxe Asym Zip. I can tie the Hennessy lashing but would like to have a faster and more easily adjustable suspension without changing out the factory suspension lines. I have seen posts about using descending rings and a gardia hitch but have heard it puts to much stress on the lines and can wear them out.

So, can anyone tell me how or if they have been able to make a quick adjustable suspension on a Hennessy without switching out the original suspension lines. I was thinking of maybe just putting a couple larksheads on a cinch buckle using the original line from the Hennessy and then using webbing from the tree to the cinch buckle. Do you all think that this would work? Does anyone have any other ideas of how to make the original Hennessy suspension easily adjustable without changing it out directly. Maybe a way to just use some hardware like a biner or dutch clip, or any other hardware u all can think of tied to the factory suspension. If you all have ideas. Pictures would be great as I sometimes have a hard time understanding all of the line and knot tying jargon.

Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by stustumble; 09-03-2012 at 17:05.

Why not change out the supplied suspension? I changed mine out in about 15 min with whopie slings. It's a snap. Don't be intimidated.

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.7
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Thermarest & Bag
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Not intimidated Robblandon just dont want to change out suspension just trying to figure out a different way of doing things. But, thanks for the advice.

Hammock
    HH Expedition Zip,ENO DN
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    RB,WS, toggles
    I've been running my stock HH lines through rings for several months now without any noticeable wear on the ropes. I've found little first hand experience citing actual failure or serious wear on the stock ropes, but I am monitoring them closely and as soon as I see significant wear I am planning on attaching the rings to the hammock itself and using the webbing through the rings. Otherwise I'm sticking with what I got. It works good.

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    I'm not sure you have the correct problem. I have heard of the garda hitch crushing amsteel. I have heard of some issues with the ultralight hammocks with the smaller rope. I am not aware of any issues with tieing a clove hitch to one or two descender rings. One ring gives a drip point and tie point. Two rings/end give you a ring buckle you can use straps with.

You can also look into elephant trunks but you will need to transition from the Hennessy rope to amsteel:

http://smartoutdoors.webs.com/apps/w...s/show/2417621

If you use a clove hitch I add a stopper half hitch on rope like Hennessy uses.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    I prussiced my rings onto the original ropes and use a webbing system for adjustment. Works great.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

I posted some pics of my setup using rings - no problems noticed - also worth pointing out is a friend of mine that's been running rings in his and his son's for almost a year now, no known issues -
    I have one of the 'ultralight' kits noted above - you will notice that I've had to make an adjustment to my kit to make the rings work -

As to the fear of damage as a result of us of the rings - so long as you don't hang it in the same spot every time you use it, you will be fine, and so long as you don't have it set in such a manner that you leave it under tension while not hung you should be fine. The issues that arise with this setup deal with unnecessary static or too much dynamic force (overweight condition or an overstressed condition) -
    Inspect your gear, maintenance it properly and it will last you years - same as climbing gear.

Look for the pics in the below post
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=57488
    We all know of the original "Walk off the war" thru-hike - but, check out these guys, they're helping folks 'walk off the war' today -
    Donate to help fund gear for the warriors who are coming back home and need help walking off the war!
    WarriorHike.com

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.7
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Thermarest & Bag
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Thanks everyone for the help and the ideas. I like the idea of using prussiks to attach the rings to the stock line. I actually like all of the ideas so far.

Hammock
    HH Expedition Zip,ENO DN
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    RB,WS, toggles
    Yeah, I never heard of the prussiks on the stock lines. That's a real good idea.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast