Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wiggys sleeping bag fabric?

Does anyone know what fabric wiggys uses in their sleeping bags? I washed my bag and it drug on the edge of the washer and melted three holes in the bag. I want to repair it but do not know the correct fabric.

Thanks for any help.

Brent

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by docmusolf View Post
    Does anyone know what fabric wiggys uses in their sleeping bags? I washed my bag and it drug on the edge of the washer and melted three holes in the bag. I want to repair it but do not know the correct fabric.

Thanks for any help.

Brent
    Call him, his bags have a lifetime warranty. He'll just send you a new one.

I talked to company when i was in Afghanistan about repairing a bag I had there. The company said they don't fix anything and would let me purchase another one for 50% if I had it sent to my APO. Not impressed with the company from what I have seen. This is why I was trying to find out what material it is so I an repair it myself.

I'm personally not a fan of Wiggy's but I would call them on their warranty claims. The Wiggy's website states:

WIGGY’S GUARANTEE: Our Guarantee is for a lifetime of use. If a seam opens, the zipper breaks or the Lamilite insulation deteriorates (such as losing its loft or separating, clumping in one place or another), Wiggy’s will repair or replace your bag at no charge to you.
    "There are places in this world that are neither here nor there, neither up nor down, neither real nor imaginary. These are the in-between places, difficult to find and even more challenging to sustain." - Thomas Moore

Images
    From his Testimonial page on hs website...
    "Mr. Wigutow,

As you know from recent email conversations, I have been using your sleeping bags since the mid 90's. I have used the Ultima Thule/Overbag combination on countless trips from mountaineering to hunting in all temperatures. I mostly used the overbag alone - it has been my favorite bag for backpacking and river trips. I finally had a problem with my overbag after about 15 years and contacted Wiggy's to see about repair or replacement. I was expecting the company to replace the bag for a cost and I would have had no problem purchasing a full price replacement. The problem with the bag was most likely my fault.

Mr. Wigutow replied to my email and said to please send the bag in and he would take care of me - and he did by replacing the bag at no cost to me. Wiggy's has the best customer service of any company I've used - hands down. I very much recommend the bags for all use and especially for people who use their gear regularly and want a product they can use for many years. I also like the fact that Wiggy's is an American company and an American manufacturer. Hats off to Wiggy's.

Sincerely,
    Aaron Agee"

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    I would not expect a free replacement since the OP stated that the problem was not a product defect.

But...to keep the thread on track, I've got a Wiggy's bag, but I'm not sure what the fabric is. You may call just to inquire.
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Raven D/L
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    0 and 30 Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Hmmm you may have a bit of a valid argument as Mr Wiggy encourages you to wash and dry your bag as often as possible....

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Raven D/L
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    0 and 30 Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Well here I am a few months later and I have a similar issue. My wife tore a 6 inch cut on the bottom of my bag which I've never used...I sewed it up (which looks terrible) and then put some McNett Tenacious Tape over it. Hopefully it holds...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveE View Post
    Well here I am a few months later and I have a similar issue. My wife tore a 6 inch cut on the bottom of my bag which I've never used...I sewed it up (which looks terrible) and then put some McNett Tenacious Tape over it. Hopefully it holds...
    i ended up calling wiggy's and talked to the guy there. he was absolutley rude in the end said what i was discribing was not possible to have happen. I asked about him repairing it for me as stated i would be willing to pay for it. He said send it back to him and then he hung up on me mid sentence. I decided to not call back for shipping info and instead sewed it by hand. I used uncoated 1.9 oz ripstop. the ripstop is grey and the bag is black. it looks terrible but works and I did not have to deal that company again. i love the bag but this is the second time i have had a problem that was caused by me and both time i called the company talked to the same guy and both times he was a complete jerk. This first time I damaged one of their bags i was in afghanistan and tore a bag on some rock while trying to move in a rather quick manner. I called the company on my sat phone and got the same attitude i got this last time. Both times i stated clearly that the damaged was my fault but did want to get it fixed and was will to pay. in the future i will use another company.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Raven D/L
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    0 and 30 Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Wow that's brutal. I can't imagine or understand a company that treats customers like that. I really struggled about buying this bag because the company and owner seem like such idiots, but it's the only bag in that price range with that type of temp rating. Imagine if a company came along that produced something similar but actually treated their customers decently?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast