Thread: what UQ

what UQ

i have a sleeping bag that gets me to about 15 when i slept ground i used it last weekend and i got chilly with a sleeping pad around 40 what is a good UQ to get me back to the low temps i was thinking the eno ember cause i can get it locally i cant order on line but i can make them my self so i would need a good bag to make into one or a list of supply's i can get at the sewing store

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Custom HNO Airship
    Insulation
    YETI UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Hammock Anchors
    lucmorley, you started at the right place. I see you are new to the forums.

The first thing I would do If I were you would be to check out the DIY section of the forums. There are posts from members in that section that describe how they tackled the same dilemma.

Lots of folks have made underquilts from military poncho liners or old sleeping bags. There are even some good ideas being shared in the DIY section on inexpensive materials that are available to add as layers in order to increase the temp rating of the UQ, etc.

Best of luck! Having a quest for better gear and figuring out how to solve it with the time and resources available is what makes Hammock Forums a great place to visit!

G-Nut

Hammock
    DIY PolyD 1.2
    Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod & DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Anchor
    It looks like you have 3 Jo-Ann Fabric and Crafts stores in your area and there's a major AF base there. Between the two sources you should be able to put together a great UQ. The fabric store will knowmsome ladies or gents that sew.

I've wondered, and some here may have the answer, whether miliary surplus bags have a lot of feathers in them.

Mike

• + New Posts