DIY / WB traveler 1.1dl
    Tarp
    kelty,MacCat stand
    Insulation
    20*phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopie sling,webb

wbbb to traveler?

I have a brand new wbbb 1.1 dl and i think im gona switch to 1.1 dl traveler with bug net. Good idea?

Hammock
    TTTM single
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    rope and straps
    I do not have WBBB nor WB Traveller but I'm just curious what's wrong with WBBB?
    Ride fast
    Live fun

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by codya95 View Post
    I have a brand new wbbb 1.1 dl and i think im gona switch to 1.1 dl traveler with bug net. Good idea?
    I own both the hammocks you mention and dearly love both of them equally. However my go to is my WBBB 1.1 dbl. The Traveler 1.1 dbl is a very comfy hammock but for me the WBBB wins out for a few reasons. First off I really like the shelf and the foot box. The shelf is great to store stuff in and the foot box keeps my feet nice and snug and from falling out of the hammock (the net helps with this too). The problem I encounter with the traveler is not the comfort level but due to the fact that I move around a lot in my sleep and constantly am venting my TQ. This usually causes my feet to fall out of the hammock and my TQ landing on the ground. However this is not a problem with the traveler but a problem I have found with any no net hammock I use. Even though the dimensions of the two hammock are the same their is something about the WBBB that's just comfier then any other hammock I have used. During Summer and Spring I use the WBBB Fall and Winter I use the Traveler. I use the traveler in the cold season cause I do not need a net and it saves a good amount of weight. I also have a Papa Smurf But Sock that I love but encounter the same problem that when I vent or kick off my TQ it lands on the ground. In the WBBB I just push it into the foot box and it helps keep my feet toasty warm. Both are great hammocks but I use them for different purposes. If I could only have one it be the Black Bird.

Codya what is your thinking/reasoning for switching from a WBBB to a Traveler that might help me/others in offering advice? The number one reason I can think of is weight savings. And if that were the case you may want to look into the 1.7 single traveler. However I find more stretch in the 1.7 single then I do the 1.1 dbl and I weight 210.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Andersons View Post
    I do not have WBBB nor WB Traveller but I'm just curious what's wrong with WBBB?
    IMHO their is nothing "wrong" with the Black Bird but like all things different strokes for different folks. It's like comparing a flat head screw driver to a fillips head screw driver. They both do the same job but have different purposes.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    WBBB,Claytor JH
    Tarp
    Claytor D, WB Hex
    Insulation
    Ptarm/Incub/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I have both hammocks and my Traveler (1.7 Single) is definitely more comfy and less confining. I too plan on getting "The Hug" bug net from Arrowhead Equip.
    But I would keep the WBBB (1.7 Dbl) for the more buggy locales or as a loaner. If you want to increase it's comfort, hang the feet higher than the head, adjust the ridgeline to a low-taut (Strums when plucked but still low in frequency) tension and put dirty clothes bag in the footbox, or under your knee/calf.
    The WBBB is still a very high quality, light, versatile hammock. But if you are not able to achieve a comfortable hang (e.g. Shoulders too wide) then buy all means put it up for sale, then look at a longer, wider open hammock. I've been looking at Brandon's new Ridgerunner bridge hammock.
    Good Luck!
    Last edited by soundmanob; 09-06-2012 at 11:07. Reason: More detail
    "Take me away to a quiet place where beings melt into inner space. Every step brings me closer to see, my haven away beneath the trees." From Beneath the Trees by Everett Dort

Hammock
    DIY / WB traveler 1.1dl
    Tarp
    kelty,MacCat stand
    Insulation
    20*phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopie sling,webb
    Nothings wrong with the wbbb i think i lime a more open hammock and if i got a traveler with bug net i would enjoy it more. And i maybe going lught weight lol.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    The factors for me would be -

Comfort

Functionality

Weight

Comfort - The WBBB would probably win this for me. The footbox makes things a bit more comfy than a traditional gathered end.

Functionality - The WBBB would probably win this for me too. It's got a shelf to store stuff. The fact that everything is integrated means installing quilts is easier (no need to reach into the netting to install your UQ) plus you can throw stuff in there and it's not going to fall out as easily as it would in a gathered end.

Weight - This is where modular systems always win - in this case - the Traveler. With the Traveler, if there aren't bugs, don't take the net. With the WBBB, you are forced to always carry the extra weight of the netting, even if you don't need it.

Hammock
    wb traveler/bb 1.1d, hh scua, gt ul
    Tarp
    ogee+zpack diamond
    Insulation
    jrb/hg downs+hh ss
    Suspension
    webbing+whoopies
    Images
    I tried the traveler for six weeks this year after using the wbbb and I say go for it. It is great to be able to manipulate the uq from both sides. Also, the wb bug net allows a nicer 180 degree view, while the wbbb is more claustrophobic. There is no shelf, but the bottom of the bug net is a big storage area, big enough for a top quilt and whatnot. Bigger than the shelf anyway. I also made a simple rl organiser... It is lighter... Lying in the wbbb always the same way gets old soon, the traveler is ambipedal :-)

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    The Traveler is more flexible.
    The Blackbird is more convenient.

My Travelers win out more often than my Blackbirds.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images
    My wife took the blackbird. I use a Traveler in the winter. I sometimes carry a traveler as a day hammock as well.

S

Hammock
    DIY / WB traveler 1.1dl
    Tarp
    kelty,MacCat stand
    Insulation
    20*phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopie sling,webb
    Yea im going sell the wbbb and switch to the traveler. Keep an eye out. slept in it one night.. dont have a PayPal so got to figure it all out.

• + New Posts