Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I would put it on the continual loop and paint them different colors for head and foot end.

Jeremy

Hammock
    Thunderbird, DIY 11'
    Tarp
    Superfly, HG
    Insulation
    DIY, HG, UGQ
    Suspension
    lots
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorJunkie1992 View Post
    I would put it on the continual loop and paint them different colors for head and foot end.

Jeremy
    That is another good idea, but I had already changed out the draw cord at the head end of the stuff sack (double ended) with a piece of yellow zing It, very easy to see, even in low light.

I do like having both the tree straps and the whoopies fixed together for storage. I can easily keep them separate from the hammock in a small stuff sack to keep the sap and moisture off of the hammock.

I think I will probably make another 12" continuous loop with a whoopie hook spliced in it to take the place of a whoopie sling if the trees are too close together. I like to carry a little extra line anyway.
    Jason

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Tarp
    Hennessy A-sym/Hex
    Insulation
    Super Shelter
    Suspension
    Stock Hennessy
    I'm so glad I found this thread. I have had a lot of the same ideas. My plan when my Amsteel shows up is to Dutch hook the adjustable end. Then I will attach the fixed end to my hammock. For the tree straps I am thinking of a (dog bone) double fixed end link to connect my straps. That way I have a couple more options if I need.

This strap idea will let me lengthen or shorten my tree strap by deciding where to Larks head the bone. Connect it to both ends and I have a setup for a shorter distance. Thread one end of the strap through the other and then attach the bone to the long end of the strap and I can get some more distance. The hook will connect right to the bone.

Does anyone else use this method? I Would be interested to know if they do and how it works. I think this should also lighten the weight by a very tiny bit since you won't need a toggle or Dutch clip or carabiner.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12