Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Images

And the crowd shouted out, "Let 'im hang!"

Got my HH sling about 5 days ago and I am in hanging heaven. As I posted elsewhere, I've been hanging since the early 90s in military surplus slings and have had some great experiences, but I'm getting ready for a 30-day cross country motorcycle trip and decided to look around at what's on the market these days. Well, my research led to Hennessy and eventually to this forum. Who woulda thunk there were so many of you guys hanging from the trees. So, I ordered a HH Explorer, got it last Tuesday and life is good. Of course, I had to do the byh (back yard hang) to see how everything worked and test it all out before hitting the road. Been sleeping out there ever since. The wife is starting to wonder exactly what it is with me and this hammock. All in all, it's a great piece of equipment. Easy to set up - I even use the Hennessy knot, piece of cake. Love the integral bug screen (much nicer than the Vietnam-era jungle hammock) and the ease of attaching the fly. The snakeskins and tree huggers are true pieces of genius. My only complaint is that I don't have the field of view that I had in my old surplus slings. One of the greatest things about hammock camping is waking up and watching the world around you. Woke up once on the Olympic Peninsula surrounded by a herd of elk. Incredible. So I kinda resent the high sides on the Hennessy but the comfort is a definite plus. OK. That's my take on the Hennessy Explorer. Happy trails, buckaroos.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    Mark Twain

Images
    Glad your lovin' it, DMJ! I still like my HHs a lot, even though I have lots of others! All of these hammocks have their trade offs and pros and cons, and the HH's lack of view is one of their cons. But mine sure are comfy, and I love to use them with the HH Super Shelter, yay!
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 09-09-2012 at 22:09.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Glad you like your new hammock and be sure to send us some pics of your trip in it after your back. Love to see how you did on your 30 day cross country and enjoy the moments. Happy Hanging!
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Images
    Thanks, guys. Will definitely do photos. Later.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    Mark Twain

• + New Posts