Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow; pads, Lynx
    Suspension
    Dutch's Cinch Bugs
    Kyle, I see in another thread that you just got the BB in black. Can you talk about your experience at the Colorado hang with the BB and RR, and how you ended up deciding on the BB? Thanks.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL Black
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator/Mamba
    Suspension
    DIY DG Whoopies
    After laying in each for a few minutes, my mind was hardly any more made up than it was to begin with. The clincher, I think, was the fact that laying on my side in the BB was a non-issue; it's very comfortable. And, in a bed, I do often fall asleep on my stomach or at least my side, but I've found I can fall asleep on my back just fine in my ENO DN (and the BB is obviously much more comfortable), so I came to consider the ability to lay on my stomach and side as a luxury rather than a necessity. The RR is F.L.A.T. If you MUST be able to sleep on your stomach, the RR is the clear winner. That thing is downright comfy, no matter how you lay. The BB is darn comfy, too, though. And the fact that I can keep my Superfly and be able to completely close the doors around the BB was a huge bonus as well. Not that closing the doors is nearly as important as I thought it was - Brandon let me use a sock at the hang, and that thing is also freaking awesome. Zero wind with the sock around ya.

I'm not disappointed with my decision in the least. I hung it up today and threw a partially-inflated pad in there 'cause it's a little chilly, and I nearly fell asleep. That's with a pad, remember... Brandon ALSO let me borrow a Yeti at the hang. Bliss. It's a roomy hammock, especially with the footbox, and back- and side-sleeping is as comfortable as comfortable gets, IMO.

Don't count the RR out with me, though. I'm sure I'll have one eventually. Brandon does an amazing job with this stuff. The designs are sheer genius and the workmanship is unparalleled; stitches so straight, you'd swear a robot sewed 'em. Warbonnet gear is kinda like (more expensive) Dutchware. Or Pokemon or something. Gotta have 'em all! And having extras is never a bad idea! LOL.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow; pads, Lynx
    Suspension
    Dutch's Cinch Bugs
    Thanks, Kyle. I remember you were concerned about the hammock fitting your other stuff. That's not a concern for me, because I don't have other stuff, yet.

So, anyone in western Oregon got both of these (BB & RR), who would let me try them out for a few minutes in your backyard or a park somewhere, to see how they both feel? Otherwise, I may have to wait for the Oregon hang next summer.

Images
    keep in mind we have a return 60-day return policy, you's just be out the shipping expense if you wanted to return it

Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    keep in mind we have a return 60-day return policy, you's just be out the shipping expense if you wanted to return it
    Chacmool...I dont think you can go wrong with this deal. Buy both, have them shipped to your place at the same time, try them out and return one for the price of shipping-maybe $10-15?

Dont know if thats what the return windows intent is, but its coming right from the owner of the stores mouth!!

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    i just hung my rr and i also have a bb i have thick heavy legs so a gathered end hammock has its challenges for me.leg bite was always an issue,i would fall asleep and wake up a couple of hours later with leg pain.the ridge runner allows me to sleep in 3 of my go to positions and there is no leg bite.ive much to learn yet but in just 1 hang i kept saying to myself wow ,and drifted off till my cell rang an hour later.the flat lay is most like a bed so far,and i feel this will be my home of choice from now on.if im going to sleep in something every night for the long trails i think its worth some restructure in my gear to pave the way for some killer hang time.

Hammock
    Darien ul
    Tarp
    HG winter palace
    Insulation
    Sniv/HG incubato 0
    Suspension
    dutch woopie hooks
    Images
    I have both if you want to have the ability to sleep on you're side buy the ridge runner also lot more storage in the RR hammock(saddle bags)
    Last edited by rngn; 10-13-2012 at 06:39.
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is rapture on the lonely shore, There is society where none intrudes , By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but nature more. Lord Byron

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123