Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Images
    FYI the OP of this thread has not logged in or posted since 09-12-2012 I think we lost him many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    FYI the OP of this thread has not logged in or posted since 09-12-2012 I think we lost him many years ago.
    I can't begin to tell ya what an @#* I feel like now

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    All of us have been there. Wouldn't worry about it too much.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by old creek View Post
    I can't begin to tell ya what an @#* I feel like now
    Didn't mean to make you feel bad. Every now an then an old post from the past springs backup.
    Usually it's folks searching for something then forgetting to check the date before posting a comment.
    Last edited by OutandBack; 12-04-2014 at 20:43.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    I had the same problem at first. I bought a new WBBB and superfly tarp. Got really frustrated right at first and sold the kit within 48 hours. I decided to give it another shot, and still had some issues getting comfortable for a week or so.

But after I got the hang of it I was able to set it up in a few minutes in my back yard and sleep comfortably. I too roll around alot, take covers on/off, and like to sleep on my stomach and side...I don't think I EVER slept on my back my whole life (that I remember). So I was doing a 180° by getting a hammock. You may want to try another brand of hammock if you ever give it another go
    When I started Hanging, I was in terrific pain, no way could I sleep in one position for any length of time. Then I found hammocks, they were easier than getting up off the ground. It took several tries to get comfortable, finding the right hammock and hanging it correctly was a challenge.

Well, now I am comfortably asleep almost as soon as I am in the hammock. I am amazed I do not toss and turn, I can even sleep on my side comfortably (a challenge because I have a lot of hardware in my shoulder including a computer). Maybe because I am short, I can sleep on my side in all of my hammocks, any position except on my stomach.

Sad, the hammock did not work for you, maybe someday you will try it again. Styles of hammocks are changing all the time. I found the right fit after several tries.

Im afraid my girlfriend will have the same issue. She cannot sleep on her back and always ends up on her side. Don't know till we try though I guess

Hammock
    Exped Ergo
    Tarp
    Exped Combi
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag+pad
    Suspension
    Eyelet line+ biner
    Quote Originally Posted by mbae89 View Post
    Im afraid my girlfriend will have the same issue. She cannot sleep on her back and always ends up on her side. Don't know till we try though I guess
    Get her an Exped Ergo....BEFORE she has a lot of negative experiences with end-gathered hammocks... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Didn't mean to make you feel bad. Every now an then an old post from the past springs backup.
    Usually it's folks searching for something then forgetting to check the date before posting a comment.
    nothing you wrote, I just got that feeling you get when someone walks away without you noticing and you discover you are talking to yourself.

Hammock
    Custom made Xpedition / ukhammocks
    Tarp
    TTTM tarp
    Insulation
    Ukhammocks UQ
    Suspension
    yes
    After owning several ticket to the moon hammocks I finally got a “real” hammock.

I purchased a custom made Xpedition hammock from Ukhammocks.com and a full
    length winter under quilt. For a top quilt I use a mummy sleeping bag comfort rating
    -4 degr. C. As tarp I use a ticket to the moon tarp (2m45x2m45)

A few weeks ago it was time, together with a friend we took the Friday afternoon of
    and headed for the Dutch woods 

Before I went out I’ve bought and read “the ultimate hang” and even had a piece of rope
    so I could measure out the precise distance of the trees in order to get a nice 30 degr hang.

Just to be sure I had taken my tent with me just in case.

We ate, drank, talked, stared into the fire and then it was time for my first official night
    as a hammock camper woohoo buddy! (I’ve been a Shug fan now for many years  )

Some fresh sleeping clothes and there we go. After a while I get a feeling my spine is a bit
    Chilly, not really cold just chilly. Thinking about it I fell a sleep nice and cosy in my hammock
    as the temperature dropped to 5 degrc.

Until… about 3 o’clock in the morning I woke up shaking un controllably and I could only just
    manage to put on my glasses… Holy shoot what’s going on here… I jumped out of the
    hammock and started jumping up and down in order to try and get warm.

Well guess it looked funny but I was just getting colder. I aborted the mission and headed
    for my tent. Guess what if your cold your cold and on the positive side I was happy the
    sun came up.

In retrospect guess the quilt wasn’t hanging correctly well each time you go out you learn.

Just want to thank everybody on this great forum I’ve been reading for some time and most
    if not all info about hammock camping can be found it.

In a few weeks I’ll try again will keep you posted!

Hammock
    DIY Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Turtle Ties
    Images
    After a bad start it can't get worse. Next night you will pay more attention to the correct suspension of the underquilt and will sleep warmer. After a couple of nights you will know how to sleep in a hammock the right way and further you will enjoy it. I wish you happy hanging and always a warm butt!
    Omnia vincit lectulus pensilis.

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910