Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    The one I'm in
    What about around copper? Great areas to camp ( free ) and right off I-70

Images
    if we time it just right the aspens may be in full color. looks like they're just starting to turn at aprox 9-10,000 feet as of this weekend

Hammock
    Dangerbird, (custom) thanks Papa
    Tarp
    10x10 DIY
    Insulation
    DIY insultex.
    Suspension
    Woopie, UCR
    Reverand Ridge at Golden Gate sounds good to me. It high enough to have coldish nights, easy to find, and has hot showers.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'll have to coordinate around Joker's soccer schedule...I think we only have one weekend off between now and late October, and this would be a great way to spend it. Details when I get them. (I just go where SWMBO tells me and don't bother with details until last minute...)

The wolf sanctuary is pretty amazing if you haven't been. I'm certainly willing to go back. But I'll go anywhere else, too...not particular on the location.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL Black
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator/Mamba
    Suspension
    DIY DG Whoopies
    OH. MY. GOD. YES!

This is exactly what I needed to decide between a RR and BB. I don't care much about where it's at, so long as it's not impossibly difficult to carry a *gasp* you-know-what in. I don't know the unspoken rules of these things, either... how well do group hangs and dogs get along? We have two dogs that would be heartbroken if we went camping without them, lol. They're good dogs, friendly, quiet, voice-controlled. But we can leave them with my mother-in-law if need be.

I know we'll get poked fun of for being in a t**t, but we can handle it. XD Besides, fair pay-off for being able to make up my freaking mind about which hammock to go with, lol.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Dogs have always been welcomed...except at the Wolf Sanctuary, for obvious reasons.

Tenters are always welcome at Colorado Hangs. At least, as long as I'm involved with them. We don't discriminate against tenters, we simply pity them.

That said, I'm betting we can get together a hammock system for ya'll to try out. You can always bring the four-letter word with you for back-up or food storage. You'll be chomping at the bit for a night in a hammock anyway, why not embrace it?
    Trust nobody!

Could be fun. I've recently hiked the Four Pass Loop sleeping in my Hennessy.

But this weekend ... the maiden voyage for the Clark Vertex with my wife. We'll be searching for an easy (read short and minimal elevation gain) hike for some off trail camping near Colorado Springs. So many options, so little time.

Video will follow, but here's the video of my first setup of the Vertex.
    http://youtu.be/mjtebGvLf_U

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL Black
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator/Mamba
    Suspension
    DIY DG Whoopies
    Haha, yeah, obviously the dogs wouldn't be okay at the sanctuary, but that's a sacrifice I'd be willing to make to sleep at a wolf sanctuary... that'd be so awesome.

And, hey, I pity MYSELF for sleeping in a tent, now, lol. On our last trip, I forgot to bring the DC - AC converter we use to blow up the mattress (if I'ma be car camping in a tent, might as well make it comfortable, lol), so we slept straight on the ground. That was M-I-S-E-R-A-B-L-E. I'd have been off the ground months ago if I could afford an insulation system, but yeah... And I've tried just a pad and that was horribly uncomfortable, so meh.

Anywho, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to spending the night in a hammock. That'd be awful generous of y'all, 'cause I'm sure you're right about me being surrounded by hammocks and wanting to sleep in one, lol. This is something I will definitely be MAKING time for. What sort of time are we looking at? This month? Next? Just want to be able to give my employers a good notice, haha. "Yeahhhhh, a bunch of hammock nuts are getting together for a hammock frenzy in the woods... and I am SO going..." XD

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Mustardman is trying to leave us Coloradans for the east coast...the bum!
    So, I think he is looking to do this thing sooner than later. For the best weather, we should probably get it done before the middle of next month.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL Black
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator/Mamba
    Suspension
    DIY DG Whoopies
    Awwwww, we're losing a CO hanger?! MM at that?! Noooooooooo!

Sounds good to me, though. I assume it'd be over a Saturday and Sunday?

I'm already so stoked about this, you don't even know, lol. And it's not even planned yet. >.<!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast