WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    I've been checking maps, etc. for your hike! It's finally gonna happen. How exciting! If I had a puppy dog tail, it would be wagging a hundred miles a minute.
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    I've been checking maps, etc. for your hike! It's finally gonna happen. How exciting! If I had a puppy dog tail, it would be wagging a hundred miles a minute.
    I am very excited as well, should be a great time out. This has taken some time, I posted this thread a long time ago and at the time it was just an idea of something that I wanted to do, there was interest in the beginning but I am not surprised that it slowly went away due too the time frame that I posted.

I am soooooo very grateful for your help, HappyCamper you are truly a wonderful person, and I am so thankful that I have been given the pleasure of your friendship. Without you I am not sure this hike planning would have gone the way it has, or gone at all. You have been so pivotal in some very important aspects of this. You are trail magic at it's finest and for that I extend a great heart felt "Thank You"...........
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Blush!

Hey! It's what we hikers and hangers do for each other. I'm just following in the very large footprints of so many other trail angels who have come before me.

In other words . . . My pleasure. Thanks for letting me share in your hike!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I am very excited as well, should be a great time out. This has taken some time, I posted this thread a long time ago and at the time it was just an idea of something that I wanted to do, there was interest in the beginning but I am not surprised that it slowly went away due too the time frame that I posted.

I am soooooo very grateful for your help, HappyCamper you are truly a wonderful person, and I am so thankful that I have been given the pleasure of your friendship. Without you I am not sure this hike planning would have gone the way it has, or gone at all. You have been so pivotal in some very important aspects of this. You are trail magic at it's finest and for that I extend a great heart felt "Thank You"...........

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Got Yoda and MML off to a good start on their Laurel Highlands Hiking Trail adventure. Picked them up this morning with no problems.

Got to trailhead near Johnstown, PA about 11:00-ish. It was chilly! Awesome hiking weather! Funny . . . we all thought they were going to be in some August heat wave when Yoda first started posting about this a while back. At last minute he was stuffing a down vest into his pack. And by the way . . . I have purses bigger than the pack Yoda had!

I'll see them Wednesday. I'm going over to give a food drop to Yoda at halfway mark near my sister's house. MML will get off the trail the next day. Yoda will do all 70 miles and finish on Saturday.

Pics attached. Happy trails everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Saw them yesterday at lunchtime. Everything going well. There were some big storms, though, last night in that area. Hopefully they kept dry.

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789