Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli UL
    Insulation
    TQ (HG) + UQ (JRB)
    Suspension
    Hugger + Whoopie
    Images

Indoor hang with L-Track

Hey all, just wanted to show my setup for an indoor hang. On the head end I'm using a 24" piece of L-Track from US Cargo Control with their double stud fittings. I was going to do the same on the foot end but didn't have room, so I used part of the Kammok hanging kit I had. The span is right at 20'. The whoopie slings are making it easy to pitch it the way I want. If anyone has questions about my setup, let me know!

This is my first post with pictures. I hope I did it right. I read some quick start tips on here, but still not sure I did it right.

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Personally, I think that will be a pretty hefty load on one stud (and one screw into the top plate with the L track). I prefer the L track multiple screws to the one lag bolt, as I like some redundancy. I wouldn't be surprised if the L track end pops some sheetrock nails/screws in the walls on both sides of the L track ( in the room next door, unless it is an exterior wall). I think a hammock suspension puts a lot of stress on the anchors and is exacerbated by how much one weighs and how much bounce and swing goes into mounting, dismounting, and playing around in the hammock. Let us know how well it works out.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli UL
    Insulation
    TQ (HG) + UQ (JRB)
    Suspension
    Hugger + Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OlTrailDog View Post
    Personally, I think that will be a pretty hefty load on one stud (and one screw into the top plate with the L track). I prefer the L track multiple screws to the one lag bolt, as I like some redundancy. I wouldn't be surprised if the L track end pops some sheetrock nails/screws in the walls on both sides of the L track ( in the room next door, unless it is an exterior wall). I think a hammock suspension puts a lot of stress on the anchors and is exacerbated by how much one weighs and how much bounce and swing goes into mounting, dismounting, and playing around in the hammock. Let us know how well it works out.
    Thanks for taking a look. Both walls are exterior walls. And I didn't think I was putting that top screw in the top plate - we have fairly big crown molding so I thought I was going into the stud. Regardless, have you seen issues with people doing major damage to their walls with a setup like this? I thought lots of folks used eye bolts for this, which is why I thought that large bolt from Kammok would be a reasonable option. I can't very easily get L-Track up in that spot.

• + New Posts