Here is my current setup:
The setup includes:
- Homemade hammock with bug net - 575g
- Homemade 10x10 tarp - 747g
- Carrying case and rope - 154g
- Inflatable sleeping pad - 900g
- North face -8C synthetic fill sleeping bad - 1400g
I recently slept in it in 10C weather wearing long johns and I was fine.
I like this setup, but I am interested in getting it lighter and warmer. I want to be able to camp year round, and it goes down to ~ -10C here in Newfoundland, Canada.
The first thing I am going to get is a foam pad for lightness 3-season hiking. I then want to move towards a underquilt, overquilt setup. I made the other gear myself so I want to make my own quilts as well. Any guides or stores for the materials would be appreciated.
I think I would keep my 10x10 tarp for 4 season use, and make a trapezoid small one for minimalist hiking in the summer.
Does this sound like a good plan?