looks heavy...what does it weigh?

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    What do you want to do with it? Some of these things are fine in an emergency, like the mylar space blanket, if someone is hurt or shockie, they work to wrap them up, but we humans have our own little "Greenhouse" thing going, our bodies give off moisture, that causes heat loss when the moisture can not evaporate. I have a few of them I have stashed around, one in the vehicle, another in the first aid kit, and the big first aid kit and in with my hammock, and another stored with my gear. They are light and take up very little room. It just depends on what you are going to do with the product, I would not want to use it for a very long period. I found them to be about like wrapping up in a garbage bag. You get soaked.

That is just my take on them, I sure there is someone that thinks they are great. It is all in what you want from them.

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    What do you want to do with it? Some of these things are fine in an emergency, like the mylar space blanket, if someone is hurt or shockie, they work to wrap them up, but we humans have our own little "Greenhouse" thing going, our bodies give off moisture, that causes heat loss when the moisture can not evaporate. I have a few of them I have stashed around, one in the vehicle, another in the first aid kit, and the big first aid kit and in with my hammock, and another stored with my gear. They are light and take up very little room. It just depends on what you are going to do with the product, I would not want to use it for a very long period. I found them to be about like wrapping up in a garbage bag. You get soaked.

That is just my take on them, I sure there is someone that thinks they are great. It is all in what you want from them.
    Thanks I kind of thought that might be it, good in emergencies and in limited use. underquilt here I come,

Hammock
    eno double nest, 12'r, 90x132"r
    Tarp
    kelty noah 12 :D
    Insulation
    DIY down and VB
    Suspension
    cinch/whoopie
    we humans have our own little "Greenhouse" thing going, our bodies give off moisture, that causes heat loss when the moisture can not evaporate.
    when moisture evaporates it uses the heat around it. effectively cooling the air..... vapor barrier???
    Glory to the Fallen, Honor to the Lost. Faith to the Missing. Carry on Forever.

• + New Posts