Tarp
    WB Superfly camo
    Insulation
    HG 40*; UGQ 0*/20*
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

WWM sl 64

I recently received my 64" WWM single layer and so far am very impressed. I wanted something light and simple to augment a DB 68 double layer; call it my ultralight solution. So far it's fitting the bill perfectly. I ordered the knottymod (very cool) and side tieout loops; however, trying to configure for use without side tieouts for sake of simplicity. Also playing with an adjustable ridgeline.

For a one-bag solution, the WWM and a HG 40* top/underquilt combo all fit (still configured) in a medium-size Bishop or waterproof compression bag. Easy one-step setup/takedown. Weight for the combo is just over three pounds and in compression bag, packs down to about an 8" by 10" package. After reading so much about bikepacking, I envision this tied under my handlebars; tarp and other bare essentials in a separate enclosure on frame, plus a few items in my hydropack. My almost-weightweenie bike is a Specialized FSR Skunkworks with just about every component replaced with ultralight stuff (over many, many years). Trail time!

Comfort: I'm 5'10 and 180lbs and was curious how the single layer would stretch and conform, especially after sleeping in the wicked-cozy 1.0 dl Dangerbird. Slept in the WWM last night and gotta write that it is very comfortable, but in a slightly different way. The DB, with the tieout arrangements, less stretch, and bit more width, is a bit more roomy feeling. Sans the tieouts and with more stretch, the WWM feels a bit more narrow along the bodyline, but no sense of shoulder squeeze; just a tiny amount of pressure (not uncomfortably speaking) against my inside knee. The WWM does seem to conform well to my body and hence, perhaps more supportive in the lumbar region of my back (hard to put into words); but so far, finding the stretch to be a comfort feature. Need more time to compare the two. Went to sleep on back; woke up in fetal (passed both tests). Sawed some major logs.

UQ: I'd modified the lines on my UQ to better fit the longer wider DB, and this same mod makes for a great fit on the WWM (both 11' long). Using Dutch plastic UQ hooks in a few places to shore things up. Was in the low 60s last night; supposed to be in the mid-40s tonight. Test number two coming up.

I also ordered a NanoBuginator; really liking the bottom entry and lack of zipper. Entrance and exit are both easy, and the larger size/length allows the net to expand more and not reduce overall lay width (hope that makes sense).

Big thanks to the boyz at BIAS; great product at a great price.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Would you say you NEEDED the extra width they offer... I am about to buy a wwm and an still on the fence about width... If its more comfortable I would take the extra 1 oz... But if its just waste fabric...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I have a Weight Weenie at the standard width and I use just about all of it. I don't know if it's necessary, but I find it worth the extra ounce. Can't speak for the WWM, but imagine it would be about the same for me.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    Get the wide one! It's worth the small amount of weight.

Besides....you could leave the hatchet at home!
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Get the wide one! It's worth the small amount of weight.

+1
    The 64 is worth it

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Ok... That's a few paychecks away, but looks like I'll be getting the super duper wide one... And then knotty mod it myself... Because I'm betting with that much fabric I will NEED it...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite Teal/Black
    Tarp
    GG Emergency Shltr
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS standard kit
    Nice review/comparison dave_p. I think you "get it."

Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    Ok... That's a few paychecks away, but looks like I'll be getting the super duper wide one... And then knotty mod it myself... Because I'm betting with that much fabric I will NEED it...
    Sent you a PM. Hopefully you'll find it useful!
    --
    www.buttinasling.com
    Now carrying the Mini Tattoo Stove!
    Light weight. Low prices. Great gear.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrianb View Post
    Sent you a PM. Hopefully you'll find it useful!
    Most certainly did... That's so awesome that a manufacturer of the gear gets on the forum and sends a message to an average Joe and explains stuff so well... That's just cool...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite Teal/Black
    Tarp
    GG Emergency Shltr
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS standard kit
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    Most certainly did... That's so awesome that a manufacturer of the gear gets on the forum and sends a message to an average Joe and explains stuff so well... That's just cool...
    We're small potatoes. Couple of hammockers, equipment nuts and kayakers looking for a few extra bucks for more trips into the woods. HF members are really cool to work with.
    --
    www.buttinasling.com
    Now carrying the Mini Tattoo Stove!
    Light weight. Low prices. Great gear.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Your not small potatoes if I can put in your acronym in google and it goes straight to your site... Google 'bias wwm' and it goes straight to you guys... That's something to be proud of... I'm glad your humble about it but recognition is deserved...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

• + New Posts