WLLO
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    AHE NR UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies

is this necessary?

i had some dutch clips and some 1/16" line that i removed from my tarp. what i decided to do was make an adjustable line for my wilderness logics bugnet. basically what i do is clip the line to the bugnet, run it up and around the knot on the toggle, and then use the dutch clip to adjust. i do this on both sides. is this necessary? i figure it's a good way to keep the net off your face(i have a structural ridgeline) plus it gets the bottom of the net off the ground some. keeps it clean and not get snagged on anything.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Whatever works for you. The thing is, there is no Dutchware in the picture.

You could do away with the either the S biner or both the S biner and the Tarp Key. You could simply tie the line to the bugnet, loop it around the toggle and tie a rolling hitch or something similar. I can tie a hitch in the same amount of time as it takes to use a tarp key.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies & straps
    Images
    Necessary? Well if your bug net keeps the bug out without it than no, but if you like what it does than do it. HYOH as they say here.
    Hammocking, car camping, backpacking, kayaking, and mountain biking. Getting in touch with nature is getting expensive. Good thing I can DIY!

BurningDaylightOutdoors Ebay Store - http://www.ebay.com/usr/burningdaylightoutdoors1

Hammock
    WLLO
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    AHE NR UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    i meant dutch hook not dutch clip. but the anchor shaped metal thing is apparently a dutch hook. i asked the person who i got the tarp from and they said that they believe it was a dutch hook.

i'm not sure if it keeps the bugs away or not, i haven't had a chance to use it yet, but i do like this set up. does it make sense at all though?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    What you're working with there is called a tarp key. If you want to use a Dutch hook and eliminate some complexity and knot tying at the same time, try this little prusik trick with some spliced zing-it. It weighs less than 1 gm.

David
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bkautzman89 View Post
    i meant dutch hook not dutch clip. but the anchor shaped metal thing is apparently a dutch hook. i asked the person who i got the tarp from and they said that they believe it was a dutch hook.

i'm not sure if it keeps the bugs away or not, i haven't had a chance to use it yet, but i do like this set up. does it make sense at all though?
    Makes sense if it pulls up the bugnet more. That thing is Bloomgorge's tarp key
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    WLLO
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    AHE NR UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    oh. tarp key. thank you for clarifying bubba. i've been looking for it to get more.

• + New Posts