Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hh and incubator

I have a hh with side zip and a hammock gear incubator, I can't get a good fit with this setup.....that's without me even using the pull outs.

Anybody using this combo and if so how? No matter what I do the uq just doesn't cover all.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by juddmyers View Post
    I have a hh with side zip and a hammock gear incubator, I can't get a good fit with this setup.....that's without me even using the pull outs.

Anybody using this combo and if so how? No matter what I do the uq just doesn't cover all.
    No comprende. I have an HH Exped Asym Zip that works fine. What is your issue?

seems coverage area is my issue. I typically use this UQ with a ENO SN or DN and do not have issues with either.

With the HH, I can't keep the UQ up on the side...it slides down and my should sticks out, of if i pull it up on that side then it will slide around and my feet will stick out. I have thought this was because of the asymetrical cut or something... maybe I need to hang it different than i am use to hanging it with a eno.

so basically Friday night.. I laid left to right on my HH and my left shoulder would not stay covered with the UQ. I would have to unzip the bug net and pull it up, but it would always work itself back down.

i have the uq cliped to the HH tie out rope, right above the gathered end.

Hammock
    HH Explorer, Exped, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Edge,MacCat Mic
    Insulation
    Phoenix, Incubator
    Suspension
    Stock
    That combo fits perfect. Have someone else get in the hammock, so you can study what is going on.

Could the answer be tie outs? I don't use my hh tie outs with my uq... I felt they would keep the uq from coming up high enough on the sides. Could it be that I have to use them?

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite, BMBH UL
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Images
    I have a side zip hyperlite and used my incubator this weekend with no problems. I tied my hh tie- outs to the loops of the quilt. I didn't bother to tie the HH out....

I too have the burrow and had no issues at all. It fits perfectly without any gaps. It's worth noting that I use the tie outs and find I still get a good fit. Does your incubator have the new suspension method or the old one? If you have the old one you may want to send it in for a retrofit, the new system is far better than the old one.

Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut Hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix and Nest
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribou Bentspoke View Post
    That combo fits perfect. Have someone else get in the hammock, so you can study what is going on.
    Great suggestion. There is nothing specific to the HH that would prevent your underquilt from working well with it. My experience is that in general UQs can be very finicky and it's hard to see the problem while lying in the hammock yourself.
    Knotty
    "Don't speak unless it improves the silence." -proverb
    DIY Gathered End Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side Hammock
    Stretch-Side "Knotty Mod"
    DIY Bugnet

Hammock
    HH Backpacker UL
    Tarp
    Oware flattarp
    Insulation
    Custom HG 40* UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I've gone with using the tie-outs and recently as the temperature drops I've not been looping the UQ through the tie-outs. I think I'm getting a better seal. Will switch it up next month and try one way each night.

I have noticed with that the suspension has slipped over time and needs to be tightened up.
    Scoutmaster, Troop 745
    Duvall, WA

Hammock
    Northwoods Hammock
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben wdoor
    Insulation
    Hammock gear incub
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutchw
    I just got an HG Incubator 0* deg UQ and my hammock is on its way back from having a zip put on one side. I was thinking of using the Supershelter undercover on my hammock and the quilt on the outside of that. My reason is to cut any wind at head and foot. I considered putting my underquilt between the supershelter bottom and the hennessy hammock but hear that could build up condensation in the underquilt. Any thoughts?
    My other question is has anyone done winter hammocking in the Henessy with the standard diamond tarp that comes with it without any issues? I figure the Supershelter can take some of the wind factor out of it in place of a larger tarp that has doors.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast