Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 SL, WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, MacCat
    Insulation
    HG 40,20 Leighlo20
    Suspension
    whoop slings/hooks

Whoopie sling ridge line for a warbonnet?

I watched a video by Shug and saw that he had a whoopiesling ridgeline for his hammock so he could have the same sag of his hammock each time. has anyone ever used this for a warbonnet bb? does it work? Do you have experience of it failing? Thanks

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Adjustable structural ridgelines are made the same as whoopie slings but the distance from the fixed eye to the adjustable bury is much longer. This just saves using more cordage than is necessary for adjustability. The main purpose of an adjustable ridgeline is to dial in your preferred sag. Once that is done there is typically no reason to adjust it again. In the case of the BB, you can repalce the stock ridgeline with an adjustable one but making adjustments is a little more difficult because the loops are fed through the whipping.

There shouldn't be any issues with failure especially with amsteel or dynaglide. On a typical set up there shouldn't be too much force on the ridgeline if the angle of the suspension is in the 30 degree range. If you have trees that are very far apart or need to set up with the suspension less than 30 degrees, then the ridgeline would end up being very tight.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    If I am not mistaken the bb comes with a structural ridge line. It is non adjustable though and for good reason. If you were to lengthen the ridgeline by even two inches, you would rip the bugnetting at the ends.

If you want the ability to have an adjustable ridge line, you can't have a hammock with integrated netting. I use a separate net for the buggy seasons. Here in Guam it's year round... Hope this helps.
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    All of them.
    Tarp
    OES 4 Season,Cuben
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    The Blackbird comes with a fixed structural ridgeline. However, I made a two piece Dynaglide ridgeline for my Blackbird with a Dutch ridgeline 'biner in the middle. That way, if I want to unzip the bug net and sit in the hammock like a chair, I can unhook the 'biner and not have the ridgeline in my face.

What Fish said is correct though: The length of the ridgeline needs to be the same length as the stock version, or you will damage your hammock.

David

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    i have a blackbird and if you looking for a bit more sag, meaning you want the ends of your hammock a bit closer meaning a shorter ridgeline

why not just tie a knot in the ridgeline, lay in in and see if that is what you really want before redoing everything, you could probably take a toggle and wrap the ridgeline around that too and dial in your sag and ridgeline length, that is if your looking to go with more sag and a shorter rideline, longer.....well then your gonna have to start redoing some stuff

boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

Adjustable srl are cheap and easy to replace. you should just get one and see where you like the sag.

• + New Posts