Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Carabiner/webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Labrador View Post
    Welcome from Salem, Oregon. How is old SLO these days? As Poly alum I sure do miss life down there. I'd love to try hanging from some of those 20' webbing trees some time.
    SLO is doing good except they have thoroughly mangled or bungled things up on the closest intersection to my home. Happiest city in North America and Forbes #1 best place to live, it's not that bad but I do have a mad turrets syndrome every time I get close to home due to how they bungled things up..

What was your educational focus while at Cal Poly?

Anytime you wanna go, look me up and send me a note. I go every weekend practically! Well, not every weekend to the same place, and really I like a different place the best, a place called Dutra Flat which has no ocean view nor mighty redwood. It is however a deer playground and the place where I go to work on my story I'm writing.

Here's a little taste of the view coming back down the Salmon Creek trail. Here it's only like 1300 elevation if that.

the meek will inherit the earth!

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Carabiner/webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    Would love to be out that way! Hello and Welcome to the Forums from Canada!
    Well, you're welcome to come out for a look-see anytime! Would like to converse with a Canadian for a change, eh!

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Carabiner/webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MadWolf View Post
    Welcome from North Carolina. This hanging thing is very addictive, as is this site.
    I like your nickname there wolf brother. I would have picked "LoneWolf" for my nickname since that's essentially what I am and have been most of my life, but since this is a place involving the great outdoors and BigSur wasn't taken and I'm extremely obsessed about this great land, I transformed quickly to a hawk and swooped down and claimed that nickname right quick.

Anyway, was going to ask.. Did I see you on a video with Shug? And by the way, I agree, it's very addictive. But since I'm so opinionated and individualistic about things I'm probably going to go the DIY route on just about everything from here on out (I accept the challenge). Well, I started hanging without knowing anything and bought an ENO (Eagles Nest Outfitters) Doublenest because the mountaineering store near me only carrys them and they carry usually only the finest of anything leaving out the crap to the lower priced stores. But I'm fixing to DIY the Doublenest with my own bug netting with zipper, I'm going to also be making some hanging closet kind of contraption. Soon as my super heavy duty Toyota sewing machine arrives, that is.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Carabiner/webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man_mike View Post
    Howdy Big Sur. I was recently hanging in your neck of the woods (San Simeon) and had a great time. It's been awhile since I had been there as I usually go to San Luis, Pismo or Morro Bay.
    AWESOME! Where'd you camp or hang? San Simeon State Park or did you manage to hang a bit at the point on the Hearst Ranch at the cove? On my way back from the Silver Peak Wilderness in Big Sur I sometimes stop and go to the point and just take a wee little nap while the breeze rocks me gently under all those Monterey Pines and Cypresses.

If you want to do a wilderness expedition, one nighter or two nighter (or more) get in touch with me. I'd love to be able to play guide. I live in San Luis Obispo by the way. Nice place to meet up, then carpool to the trailhead in Big Sur.

Hammock
    TTTG SB1.9s / DreamHmk
    Tarp
    HG WinterKingdom
    Insulation
    HG M50 Superiority
    Suspension
    MakinWhoopies Bob.
    Whaddup neighbor?!? Takin my kiddos up to Ventana Camp here at the end of the month.... no stranger to the Sur. Check out a couple of my trip reports, I've had some great ones up there.

Welcome to the new obsession!
    -Bill

"...the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog."
    -LTC D. Grossman

Senior Member mountain_man_mike's Avatar
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY CLIMASHIELD UQ
    Suspension
    DIY hugs & whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSur View Post
    AWESOME! Where'd you camp or hang? San Simeon State Park or did you manage to hang a bit at the point on the Hearst Ranch at the cove? On my way back from the Silver Peak Wilderness in Big Sur I sometimes stop and go to the point and just take a wee little nap while the breeze rocks me gently under all those Monterey Pines and Cypresses.

If you want to do a wilderness expedition, one nighter or two nighter (or more) get in touch with me. I'd love to be able to play guide. I live in San Luis Obispo by the way. Nice place to meet up, then carpool to the trailhead in Big Sur.
    Our scout troop wound up at the state park off highway 1 a little south of Hearst Castle. I had to encroach on another group of campers to find trees to hang on but they were happy to have a security guard all night. We went to the elephant seal trail and watched them spar.

I recently moved my daughter back from her 3 year stay in San Luis while attending Cuesta and have many friends over there. You are blessed to live in such a wonderful place.

I'm sure our troop would love to have you be our guide so please keep us in mind.
    Happy Trails to one and all.
    Enjoy the outdoors wisely and elevate your perspective.

Modified Penny Wood Stove instructional Video-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fPlHqsYy38

Hammock Wheel https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...09#post1035609

Another Really cool JC Penny Puffer instructional- https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...141#post953141

Hammock
    TTTG SB1.9s / DreamHmk
    Tarp
    HG WinterKingdom
    Insulation
    HG M50 Superiority
    Suspension
    MakinWhoopies Bob.
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man_mike View Post
    Our scout troop wound up at the state park off highway 1 a little south of Hearst Castle. I had to encroach on another group of campers to find trees to hang on but they were happy to have a security guard all night. We went to the elephant seal trail and watched them spar.

I recently moved my daughter back from her 3 year stay in San Luis while attending Cuesta and have many friends over there. You are blessed to live in such a wonderful place.

I'm sure our troop would love to have you be our guide so please keep us in mind.
    My Dad was the lead Ranger at that park for many years, until they moved him (grudgingly) up to the castle. He was a campground guy through and through.... Many happy memories bee-boppin around that campground as a youngster.
    -Bill

"...the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog."
    -LTC D. Grossman

Hammock
    Clark NX-150
    Tarp
    XL Rain Fly
    Insulation
    Not yet known
    Suspension
    strp/cb/rappelring
    Welcome from SC!
    Marland

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images
    Welcome from the north coast of California!

S

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL Lefty
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    HG20*3/4UQ-EE30*TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Welcome, from Buffaolo, NY !!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast