I just joined after watching a ton of videos by Sean Emery or Shug as he calls himself on Youtube. I didn't know there was a place that hammock lovers could get together and relate until I watched all his videos. Man, them are good videos.. specially the ones with Karl in them, uh huhhhh. Gots so I was lookin for Karl in each and every one of 'em.

Well, about me. Very briefly, I'm a nature lover and I live in the most beautiful part of California, the Central Coast. I chose to honor where I spend darn near every weekend of the year, and vacation time too and that's my nickname, Big Sur. Where the mountains meet the Pacific Ocean and abruptly end.

I'm an obsessive person. Hammocks is a recent obsession since I met two fellers on the trail I shared my camp with who were hangers. They made it look so much better than tenting so I got a little involved and caught the disease. I tend to focus from one obsession to another, but there is always one constant and that is Big Sur. Man, I just can't get enough. Yet sometimes lately I think I have been getting bored but I think that's only because I spend so much time alone and don't have any backpacking buddies.

So, I thought I'd give a little holler out tonight, introduce myself, and see where this forum goes. Who knows, maybe might meet someone I wanna share trail time or camp time with!

If any of you east coasters want to experience a real mountain at sea level, well, sea level is where they start here but believe you me, they go up and up and up and up and up.. they go so far up it makes your head spin and so beautiful it takes your breath away, literally, gasping for air, air breathe breathe breathe! Anyway, if you wanna give that a go, I got some places I can take you to though I warn you if you pick one of the redwood groves, some of the redwoods are so big you might need 20 feet of webbing!