Hi everyone - Kelly from Boston (via Vermont, via Philly) here.

I bought my first hammock for camping 15 (yikes) years ago while I was in HS and working at Girl Scout Camp. It's a blanket hammock that I bought from a Peruvian family at a flea market. I carried it around wherever I went for years it lived in the trunk of my car and got stuffed into every backpack I trekked out with. I loved sleeping in it, but bugs could bite me through the fabric and usually around 4am, I'd crawl into my tent because I was cold.

About a year ago I got a Kammock from kickstarter (I love that site) - the idea of having a hammock that packs down to the size of a grapefruit and has tree-hugger straps vs plastic ropes was pretty darn awesome. I've been out with it a few times and have perfected the art of sleeping-bag-nesting in it, but it still has bug issues (although not through the back anymore). It's also a bunch warmer than the open-weave of the blanket hammock. This spring we built a "greenhouse" on the back of our house (basically it's a semi-open, roofed covering for our patio) and the kammock has taken up residence there as sometimes afternoon nap location and periodically guestroom to our more intrepid friends.

As I'm starting to think about going out on longer backpacking trips (and probably starting to section hike the AT) tentless, I really want a hammock that has more features (bug net, especially - ridgeline, easy tarping-over) - and am strongly leaning toward a Warbonnet Blackbird - I came on here to read peoples' experiences with them and others.

So, hi!