Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG CF W/ doors
    Insulation
    EE above and below
    Suspension
    Dutch whoopie hook

Stupid n00b question

I have a bishop bag for my tarp and I'm trying to decide which end of the single ridge line to put it on. Does anyone have a system they use for simple deployment of their tarp from a bag? Should it go on the static end or the adjustable end? Do you leave the tarp to one side or the other and then adjust it as needed or do you just leave the tarp attached to the center?

It seems to me that moving the tarp all the way to one end when breaking down your site would be ideal. Less slack on the one side means you only have to bundle and/or wrap the SRL on one end instead of two. I want to have a quick deploy and a reasonably quick breakdown routine, as per my occasional OCD. Or am I just overthinking things again?
    Hammock Gear List: https://lighterpack.com/r/cwjf0g

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images
    I think you need to play around with it and see which way you like better. I don't use a bishop bag for my tarps but do use a set of snake skins for one of my larger tarps. Adds more weight to the setup but I do like the way it stows the tarp and has easy access to the SRL. Keeps the tie outs from getting all tangled up too.

S

Images
    My tarp is in skins that I then stuff into a sack, but the principle is the same. I make the end I want to attach first available first from the stuff sack. I use a CRL, my "static" connection is a knot bone, so that end is the first end deployed, then the other side is a figure 9 on a prussik, so that is the last end out of the bag. I would imagine the same would be in order for your bishops bag. As far as head or foot, I always attach my static end the same as the head end of the hammock, I don't think it really matters, I just do it out of habit, so that I deploy everything the same way every time....be interested to see if there is better logic out there?

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG CF W/ doors
    Insulation
    EE above and below
    Suspension
    Dutch whoopie hook
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    I think you need to play around with it and see which way you like better. I don't use a bishop bag for my tarps but do use a set of snake skins for one of my larger tarps. Adds more weight to the setup but I do like the way it stows the tarp and has easy access to the SRL. Keeps the tie outs from getting all tangled up too.

S

my confusion stems from this: I have a static end and an adjustable end. The static end usually has less line, so it's "neater", the adjustable end has all of the "working" line, which I wind up neat, but I'm finding that I have to adjust the static end based on the size of the tree I'm anchoring to, so it's more work on site to go back, juggling all of the tarp and line, then adjust the static end to have enough line for the anchor. I imagine the adjustable end would be easier to have as the first anchor, right?

Quote Originally Posted by swankfly View Post
    My tarp is in skins that I then stuff into a sack, but the principle is the same. I make the end I want to attach first available first from the stuff sack. I use a CRL, my "static" connection is a knot bone, so that end is the first end deployed, then the other side is a figure 9 on a prussik, so that is the last end out of the bag. I would imagine the same would be in order for your bishops bag. As far as head or foot, I always attach my static end the same as the head end of the hammock, I don't think it really matters, I just do it out of habit, so that I deploy everything the same way every time....be interested to see if there is better logic out there?
    For my adjustable end, I have two prusiks and a biner that I use to tension the line. Works well, simple and light.

I think what I'm gonna do is set up the tarp at the park, then adjust it during the break down to leave at least 5' on the static end so that I have something to work with, and just wrap that around the outside of the bag. I've been trying to move the tarp to one end or the other on the SRL so I only have to gather up loose line on the adjustable end, but that's causing more problems on the next setup than it's worth.
    Hammock Gear List: https://lighterpack.com/r/cwjf0g

• + New Posts