Weight Weenie Micro
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Shenandah,Greylock
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps

Webbing and Triglide suspension

Hi i am using JRB webbing straps with triglides with my grand trunk hammock. To cut weight I was going to repace the thick thread and S hooks that came standard with a amsteel continuous loop but thinking it out I thought I could cut that out too.

Does anyone see any issue with running the tree strap through the hammock end channels, feeding one end through the loop on the other end of the webbing (kinda of creaking a larks head), and then just using the triglide to secure the webbing aroudn the tree?

This would allow me to complete remove any weight, aside from the straps and triglides themselves.... just dont want the hammock ripping out on me. The JRB website only show the direct connection to a hammock for gathered ends where this is a know to go around.

Thoughts?

Hammock
    Weight Weenie Micro
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Shenandah,Greylock
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    typo sorry. The JRB website only show the direct connection to a hammock for gathered ends where THERE is a KNOT to go around.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bryce1201 View Post
    Hi i am using JRB webbing straps with triglides with my grand trunk hammock. To cut weight I was going to repace the thick thread and S hooks that came standard with a amsteel continuous loop but thinking it out I thought I could cut that out too.

Does anyone see any issue with running the tree strap through the hammock end channels, feeding one end through the loop on the other end of the webbing (kinda of creaking a larks head), and then just using the triglide to secure the webbing aroudn the tree?

This would allow me to complete remove any weight, aside from the straps and triglides themselves.... just dont want the hammock ripping out on me. The JRB website only show the direct connection to a hammock for gathered ends where this is a know to go around.

Thoughts?
    This works fine and many hundreds of channeled gathered end hammocks are rigged that way....

And normally the weight of the heavy rope and steel biner is heavier than the strap and triglide.....Thus ... thecomplete hammock and strap suspension weighs less than the hammock without suspension as originally purchased.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bryce1201 View Post

Thoughts?
    That works fine... And as a bonus the hammoc, now with suspension will weigh less than the incomplete hammock as purchased.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Weight Weenie Micro
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Shenandah,Greylock
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    Wonderful, thank you!

• + New Posts