Quote Originally Posted by Naegling View Post
(snip).......I do hope however that this will make the round of the moderators in their private circles, and just perhaps make them realize that there is a growing ire among many of the forum members about just how they are treated. (snip)
..So in the 5 pages of this discussion I have seen one person bring up a concern about a potential problem. I do not see a growing ire. In fact, I see public support, respect, and an adult willingness to admit human failings throughout those posts. That does this forum and especially the moderators a great deal of credit.

I have never dealt with the volume and size of a forum like this from a moderator's perspective, but I have been a forum admin and a gaming admin on a large FPS shooter gaming site. It is mostly a thankless job that requires a lot of dedication and finesse. That experience makes me appreciate moderators and admins even more.

I get to spend a good deal of time on computers here and there and I try to use that time productively. When spending down-time on a computer, I try to be productive as well so I look up things and try to learn/stretch my brain.
It doesn't take long to realize when you are on a loosely or non-moderated forum. The quality of the information is often lacking and disorganized and the level of respect for fellow posters is often low.

HF is exceptional. The moderators provide structure and a certain amount of leadership in a way not unlike friendly sheepdogs (no offense intended guys) keeping the flock pointed in the right direction while watching out for problems. The membership maintains a high standard of respect and demonstrates good communication skills. I often find myself giving someone a silent nod and quick thanks when I see how they handled an issue or a mistake. I have never been disappointed with the site, its structure, or its members. In fact, I have been accepted into this community with open arms- not just online but freely in real life.

Cheesy, poorly moderated forums would have flicked away the OP's post without a second thought. This place is better than that. Our mods left it up to allow debate, discussion, and to show that they are not power hungry and easily threatened by someones angry parting shot.

It appears the growing ire has left the building.

Thank you HF moderators for your time and efforts and thank you HF members for freely sharing your knowledge, your skills, and your opinions.

I love this place!