OX Gear
    Tarp
    OX Shed
    Insulation
    Custom m50 HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies

First night

Well last night was my first night attempting to sleep in my hammock. Hung in my backyard from my fence. Feels pretty comfortable but I had a hard time falling asleep. I made it till 4 am then was woken up my my neighbors ac unit turning on and also was getting a little cold. All I had was a pillow and a small blanket from the house. When I woke up this morning after going back inside I noticed that my butt muscles were really sore. The montion of sitting actually hurts today. Am I doing something wrong? Anyone ever experience this?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    HG: CF 4S
    Insulation
    HG: TQ. UQ
    Suspension
    WS and Dutch Hooks
    No butt soreness, but being able to sleep while hanging takes some time for some of us to get use to.

My first night in a friends HH didn't go very well. I could not get comfortable. I was hot. I was cold. The Thermarest was under me, then over me. I could't seem to get into a flat enough lie. My sleeping bag got all knotted up, twisted.

Later I found I was to tall for the HH is was in. My anchor points were also too close together. Getting a hammock that was long enough was a great help. UQ and TQ made a huge difference as well.

If you did not have adequate insulation below you, your soreness may be related to a symptom of cold butt syndrome.

In my backyard, I also opted for earplugs as my neighbors have dogs, there is a train nearby, and a couple of guys have diesel trucks and go to work very early in the mornings. The least of my noise worries is an air-conditioner catching on.

In my experience, it took about three nights of experience in the backyard to get my hammock dialed in and get my insulation figured out. It probably took another three nights for my body to get in the groove and know where the most comfortable sleeping positions were so I could roll/flip without waking up.

So my advice would be to make sure you have adequate insulation underneath you and that your hammock is properly sized and your suspension lines are at the right angle. Get some earplugs and give yourself about three nights (not necessarily in a row) and see how you do.
    "When you see something wobble, push it."
    - Unknown

Hammock
    OX Gear
    Tarp
    OX Shed
    Insulation
    Custom m50 HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Solid tips. Thanks. The hammock is a HH jungle. It was borrowed to see what I like/dislike. I will try ear plugs and with my thermalite once I get it in the mail tomorrow. My angles look okay but I think the problem may be my post lengths. The posts are only 10ft apart. I have just about all the line at the ends on the hammock wrapped around the posts. So that makes the bunched ends about 2-3 inches away from the posts. Make sense?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Always tough to drowze out in the backyard and add the first night in a new hammock. Takes a few tries for most. After a long hike works best.
    Not sure about the sore buttocks.
    Carry forth.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    OX Gear
    Tarp
    OX Shed
    Insulation
    Custom m50 HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Shug. Thanks for the great videos. Quite the character.

• + New Posts