Now, I will not profess to be an expert when it comes to bridge hammocks. But I have owned several different models and wanted to offer up my opinion of the differences between them and the hanging differences between a gathered end and a bridge.

Some specs on me... I am 6'4. Roughly 270 pounds. IIRC I have a 54 or 56" measurement around my shoulders and a 40" waist.

Brandon hit the head end perfectly. With the other bridges I have, except in some small ways my last custom Grizz Bridge... The lay is so flat one may need a pillow to elevate their head. From what I can see, the cut on the material is such that not only is there almost no shoulder squeeze, but the bottom of the hammock elevates naturally to prop my head up enough to not feel any strain in my neck or shoulders.

There isnt much to say about the foot end other than someone with big feet, that uses the entire length of the hammock may find the bug net pocket bothersome with the big net stowed in it. But there are absolutely no compressive forces pushing my feet or legs together. There is just enough squeeze along the entire length of the hammock to keep me from moving around. I imagine this will help me not move around at night, but it is not constrictive in the least.

The middle... This is an area where the larger folks may want some more room. While laying in the hammock, my arms rest on the perimeter webbing. It isnt uncomfortable, and I think if there was enough room for my arms to rest on the bottom of the hammock I might feel trapped (personal anxiety, not a problem with the hammock), just something that I noticed. That being said, I believe if more room is cut into the fabric to widen the center, the head end would need to be widened as well otherwise you trade mid hammock room for shoulder squeeze. Shoulder squeeze, IMO, is the bain of the bridge hammock and the RR has solved that issue hands down.

The suspension is very stable. I probably will tinker with the suspension, but straight out of Brandons hands is right on the money.

Now, if the RR is your first fortay with a bridge hammock, there are some differences in hanging the suspension. When I hung this up for the first time and set it about the same as my GB, I thought... "man that looks tight." I had significant loose fabric in both the head and foot and and the center of the bottom was quite a bit higher than either of the ends. So I entered slowly as most do with new hammocks or suspension and it held fine. When I laid down, it was perfect. My weight may have something to do with that as I still think it was pulled tight.... And of course this is dependent on how far your anchor points are from one another. My back yard hammock stand posts are 16' apart and my eye bolts for a bridge are about 6' off the ground. With the bridge hung and properly stretched, and me in the hammock, puts me about 16" off the ground, sitting side saddle in the hammock.

All in all.... When I purchased this from lymphocytosis, I wasn't sure. I really like my GB. I asked Grizz to make it a bit wider than normal cause I am wider than normal. But for a semi mass produced bridge hammock... Its like buying a Porsche for a first car. Everything is well thought out... And not sure if this was planned, but even the head end has enough loose fabric while occupied you have a bit of a pocket to put things in. The side pockets are not only a great idea, but are another great solution to being able to add a bugnet to a bridge and not strain the net when you load the hammock.