Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Double Layer (Black!)
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Is it stable? In my mind's eye I imagine bridge hammocks to be somewhat unstable..

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Bridges are inherently more unstable than gathered end hammocks. By making the suspension triangle long.... This would be the 4 legs that come off the corners of the hammock..... You increase the stability. I think the RR triangle is about as long as reasonable. I will do a side by side with my GB, but Im almost positive my GB triangle legs are about half as long as the RR and I have never fallen out.

But yes, it is stable. Id wager almost as stable as a gathered end. It is not difficult to find the center of the hammock and stay there.

I have found the RR to only be a bit tippy feeling if you are sitting up in it but its a lot like a canoe... it feels tippy right on center but stabilizes right off center. I rolled all over in it for 5 nights this past week and never once felt like i was going to fall out of it. Even side and stomach sleeping!!!!!

I'm a bridge believer.

great hammock!

Thanks for the informative post.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    still tweaking

Thumbs up First hang in the RR

Just got my RR a few days ago and finally got it hung today. Very first hang ever! Trees are about 17feet (paced) apart, hung the straps 6feet up. Only had about 2inches of strap left after going around the tree, but got everything up and tweaked the hang a few times. Don't know if there is initial stretch or not but definitely needed to be higher than "chair height". Was worried about stability having it so tight since I'm not the most graceful of people, but had no problems. Actually tested the limits of the tip and rolled so far that I was eyeballing the ground but never felt like I was going to go over. Only thing that kept me from falling right to sleep was the sun hitting me right in the face while on my side. And the nosy/noisy neighbors. Once I get my tarp issue and under insulation straightened out, might try an overnighter for the real test.
    So far....I'm really liking it. Switching to whoopie slings since the knots were a little annoying with the multiple tweaks.

Hammock
    Netty Hammeck
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 uq
    Suspension
    straps & rings
    Images
    Weren't you concerned about exceeding the weight limit? The website says 250lbs for the RR double layer.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sbeauchamp View Post
    Weren't you concerned about exceeding the weight limit? The website says 250lbs for the RR double layer.
    No. In general, most consumer products are highly under rated for liability reasons.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    No. In general, most consumer products are highly under rated for liability reasons.

Plus in the official WBRR thread Brandon said it was more of a girth issue than a weight issue.
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7Dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie&Dutchstuff
    Just a general bridge question; how do they compare to say a BB for side sleepers? I tend to sleep on my side but with one leg bent, pushing me slightly onto my stomach. I can manage this ok in the BB but without much room for movement.

Thanks

Mark

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by civetta62 View Post
    Just got my RR a few days ago and finally got it hung today. Very first hang ever! Trees are about 17feet (paced) apart, hung the straps 6feet up. Only had about 2inches of strap left after going around the tree, but got everything up and tweaked the hang a few times. Don't know if there is initial stretch or not but definitely needed to be higher than "chair height". Was worried about stability having it so tight since I'm not the most graceful of people, but had no problems. Actually tested the limits of the tip and rolled so far that I was eyeballing the ground but never felt like I was going to go over. Only thing that kept me from falling right to sleep was the sun hitting me right in the face while on my side. And the nosy/noisy neighbors. Once I get my tarp issue and under insulation straightened out, might try an overnighter for the real test.
    So far....I'm really liking it. Switching to whoopie slings since the knots were a little annoying with the multiple tweaks.
    Very cool. Just noticed you are in Hoosick Falls, right down the road from me. Didn't know there was another Ridgerunner so close!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast