I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Glad you got out for a Pop Tart trip..........brown sugar cinnamon or cherry?
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Chinook 12 x 9.6
    Insulation
    Mummy bag
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Glad you got out for a Pop Tart trip..........brown sugar cinnamon or cherry?
    Shug
    I must confess it was a Pop Tart trip in name only. I ate a Clif Bar & some hot tea for breekfast from the hammock!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Hiknhanger has a good point. I'm going to split off the "hikers falling off Stone Mountain" discussion from his trip report. Sorry about that. I moved that discussion to this thread.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    DIY 11 footers
    Tarp
    Chinook
    Insulation
    AHE and GoLite
    Suspension
    Webbing cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiknhanger View Post
    Took off right after work Thursday with my buddy Rob. Got to Stone Mountain & did a little trout fishing before we hiked up to the backpacking sites along Widow's Creek Trail. We hiked in the dark to our site, set up and cooked some late dinner. We woke around 4 am to the sound of what we guessed were at least three coyotes howling, but managed to get some more sleep. I have never heard that before! After breekfast from the hammock we packed up and hit the local streams again for a few fishless hours until we had to head home. It was short but sweet. It was great just to be outside. We had a great campsite that was just beautiful in the daylight Pics are my setup & view from the hammock. Attachment 39946Attachment 39947Attachment 39948
    Nice Chinook tarp and configuration!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Chinook 12 x 9.6
    Insulation
    Mummy bag
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by priller View Post
    Nice Chinook tarp and configuration!
    Why thanks! I am liking my Chinook, though I have yet to be in the rain with it. I have a trip coming up this weekend for the week in the Damascus, VA area. We have a cabin rented, but I am thinking I'll be more comfortable in my hammock!

I took Pip's idea and made some tarp snake skins with women's tights. I sewed some ripstop pieces into the toes to help...well...stop rips! They work really well. The stretchy material overlaps a lot and grips so I don't need any type of fastener in the center.

Hammock
    DIY 11 footers
    Tarp
    Chinook
    Insulation
    AHE and GoLite
    Suspension
    Webbing cinch
    Images
    Why thanks! I am liking my Chinook, though I have yet to be in the rain with it. I have a trip coming up this weekend for the week in the Damascus, VA area. We have a cabin rented, but I am thinking I'll be more comfortable in my hammock!

I took Pip's idea and made some tarp snake skins with women's tights. I sewed some ripstop pieces into the toes to help...well...stop rips! They work really well. The stretchy material overlaps a lot and grips so I don't need any type of fastener in the center.
    Yes I finally got my tarp broken in lightly with a little afternoon storm, there were no surprises so that was a good thing. Just got some tri-rings in so I can sew some webbing and the rings in place of the grommets....grommets are evil.

If I were you, I would definitely head outside once people started getting sleepy!

My wife surprised me yesterday....we just had a baby (our 3rd), and she said "you know, you are probably just as tired as I am, maybe one of these nights I will go sleep in another room with the little boy and you can snooze all night!". After picking up my jaw from the floor and asking my wife if she was feeling ok, I said, "You don't have to go anywhere, I will just go outside!!!!!!!"

whoooooo buddy!!!!!!!!!
    Shug, I am now a brown sugar cinnamon pop-tart lover......mmmmm....pop tarts for breekfast, spam singles for lunch, and beef jerky infused ramen for dinner.....the hi-life!!!!!!!!!!

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    I am aware that I can camp at any national forest or park. The uwharries are the closest. I just wish I could get a year pass for the state parks. I understand that those parks usually supply other activities which is why they charge to stay, but I one need to hang. I don't need anything the woods isn't already supplying. I know why they charge I am just saying there should be a different option.
    You can purchase year long passes for NC State parks by visiting the park office. Is usually $50 and is good for 1 calendar year.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Chinook 12 x 9.6
    Insulation
    Mummy bag
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by priller View Post
    Yes I finally got my tarp broken in lightly with a little afternoon storm, there were no surprises so that was a good thing. Just got some tri-rings in so I can sew some webbing and the rings in place of the grommets....grommets are evil.

If I were you, I would definitely head outside once people started getting sleepy!

My wife surprised me yesterday....we just had a baby (our 3rd), and she said "you know, you are probably just as tired as I am, maybe one of these nights I will go sleep in another room with the little boy and you can snooze all night!". After picking up my jaw from the floor and asking my wife if she was feeling ok, I said, "You don't have to go anywhere, I will just go outside!!!!!!!"

whoooooo buddy!!!!!!!!!
    Shug, I am now a brown sugar cinnamon pop-tart lover......mmmmm....pop tarts for breekfast, spam singles for lunch, and beef jerky infused ramen for dinner.....the hi-life!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats on the new baby, priller! Good luck with number 3. Enjoy that snooze when you get it!

Hammock
    DIY 11 footers
    Tarp
    Chinook
    Insulation
    AHE and GoLite
    Suspension
    Webbing cinch
    Images
    Congrats on the new baby, priller! Good luck with number 3. Enjoy that snooze when you get it!
    Thanks very much! The good Lord gave us a boy this time, I would have been overrun with estrogen if it was another girl!

In fact last night was the night that my wife offered to give me the night off... Headed straight outside with my tablecloth and PLUQ!

Maybe I can get my own pop-tart trip sometime soon.....fingers crossed.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12