Hennessy UL Explorer (2QZQ Mod #4)
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Baby Orca & NoSniv
    Suspension
    Whoopie & biner
    Images
    That was a great way to start the week, thanks for the laugh!

Grtz Johan
    My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence.

mob: +31 6 44 80 82 63

http://www.dutchunlimited.com
    http://dutchunlimited.com/english/

My YouTube

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    9x10 tyvek
    Insulation
    ww blue ccf pad
    Suspension
    whoopies & toggles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by grannypat View Post
    This reminds me of a book I got from the local library entitled "Rash" about a future America obsessed with safety. Funny book.

http://www.amazon.com/Rash-Pete-Haut...&keywords=Rash
    "The United Safe States"--sounds like a utopian dream... no, wait... the other thing... nightmare!

My dad still laments the days when he could pull out a bench from the econoline van, throw a mattress down in the back, and toss 5 or 6 kids with blankets on top of it. The Missus, on the other hand, wishes that there were car seats to which we could attach the car seats we already own.

Like all things, I find myself somewhere in the middle--I miss the lawn darts of my childhood, but I don't want any embedded in my children

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeinajeep View Post
    Lol! I feel better about using my winch cable once in a while. Makes adjusting your hammock super easy.
    I knew there was someone out there doing this! Safe AND convenient--certainly nothing to apologize for (and you're getting dual use out of that winch )

Quote Originally Posted by floorman View Post
    my winch is only 8000 lbs
    No worries! You don't have to jump straight into Super Ultra-Safe. At 8,000 lbs your winch is at least Ultra-Safe--that's a great start
    You're gonna need a bigger hammock

Hammock
    DH Raven/SLD Trail lair
    Tarp
    UGQ WD/SLD Asym
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DutchBuckle &Sling
    LOL, I really appreciate nutty people. I was picturing you with ruck sack and 2 6x6 Decking poles strapped to each side.

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UCQ Hanger
    Insulation
    Renegade/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Need to hire a bunch of off-duty firemen to hold a net below you just in case of failure.
    ‟I’m in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love.″ – John Steinbeck

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Double, DIY Table Cloth
    Tarp
    Mamajamba, Noah 12
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Davigilante View Post
    Need to hire a bunch of off-duty firemen to hold a net below you just in case of failure.
    Nope just needs to keep the hammock about seat level, and use a full body safety harness attached to a 3/4" wire rope Ridgeline. if you hang any higher than seat height, then you need to have an ejection seat with a parachute.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    9x10 tyvek
    Insulation
    ww blue ccf pad
    Suspension
    whoopies & toggles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NarlocB View Post
    LOL, I really appreciate nutty people. I was picturing you with ruck sack and 2 6x6 Decking poles strapped to each side.
    I like the idea! The decking posts could double for a makeshift stretcher (which I would need after I tried to carry them )

Quote Originally Posted by Davigilante View Post
    Just remember: Super Ultra-Safe hikers keep their off-duty firemen Super Ultra-Safe as well. They should have bouldering pads beneath them to protect them while they protect you.

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    Nope just needs to keep the hammock about seat level, and use a full body safety harness attached to a 3/4" wire rope Ridgeline. if you hang any higher than seat height, then you need to have an ejection seat with a parachute.
    Actually, my dad flew in the USAF and Air National Guard. I heard him tell stories of people working on the planes and accidentally triggering the eject lever--shot them right through the hanger... you don't walk away from that. I don't know if the stories were apocryphal or fact, but if I were to go the ejection seat route, I would make sure to have my posse of off-duty firemen saw off all the branches above me (and probably the ones a bit off to the side as well).

The idea is not without merit. Should you have a bear visit your camp, an ejection seat would certainly come in handy
    You're gonna need a bigger hammock

Hammock
    DIY headessey
    Tarp
    blackcat
    Insulation
    primaloft tq/uq
    Suspension
    whoopies & huggers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by timabababaluka View Post
    Actually, my dad flew in the USAF and Air National Guard. I heard him tell stories of people working on the planes and accidentally triggering the eject lever--shot them right through the hanger... you don't walk away from that. I don't know if the stories were apocryphal or fact, but if I were to go the ejection seat route, I would make sure to have my posse of off-duty firemen saw off all the branches above me (and probably the ones a bit off to the side as well).

The idea is not without merit. Should you have a bear visit your camp, an ejection seat would certainly come in handy
    No protection from falling objects? Certainly not super ultra safe without a tarp made from 30 ply Kevlar laminate fabric!
    --If a cow laughs hard, does milk come out its nose?

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I'm wearing a body condom right now. In fact, I'm double-bagged. I am Super Safe.

The condoms are also vapor barriers.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Quote Originally Posted by timabababaluka View Post
    I like the idea! The decking posts could double for a makeshift stretcher (which I would need after I tried to carry them )

Just remember: Super Ultra-Safe hikers keep their off-duty firemen Super Ultra-Safe as well. They should have bouldering pads beneath them to protect them while they protect you.

So your dad is the one i hear about at every quarterly safety briefing...(active duty aviation electrician)

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast