Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Biker View Post
    Thats not good business practice. Making a shopping cart is easy enough. Hope you don't get gouged MAD777.
    No way! I emptied my shopping cart!
    I'm not taking a chance on that one.
    When I get time, I'll see if they have an email contact and point it out to them.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    I tried to place and order but had a problem.
    The site uses Google Checkout and it does not add shipping charges.
    The Google Checkout page says that I would receive an email for the shipping charges to be added, however, after an hour no email has arrived.
    I'm also worried because the shipping weight is estimated at over 5 pounds when in fact, the material weighs 1 pound.

Hmmmm... buyer beware!
    The increased shipping weight will include the fabric the cardboard tube that it is shipped on and the box that contains it. That is not a bad shipping weight. You can also order phone, fax or email. From my experience of. Using fabric wholesale I have never once gotten shipping cost prior to ordering. Those are typically calculated after your order is ready and the carrier picks it up with the exact weight. I just had 60 yards of sailcloth sent to me and the shipping was only 40 so I would not worry to much. This is pretty standard practice. This is also the manufacturer of the material not some fly by night operation.
    Last edited by docmusolf; 09-24-2012 at 19:59. Reason: Forgot info

Hammock
    DIY or Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Bonefire Deluxe
    Images
    I checked into the different fabrics that Duro Industries offers in Multicam last year. Here's what I learned.

The 70D Beta is urethane coated 1.9 nylon ripstop. Okay for a heavy tarp for as long as the coating stays on. The 70D Zeta is a DWR finish 1.9 nylon ripstop. This is the only fabric they have that could be used for hammocks, or a DIY silicone coated tarp for the adventurous. The 40D Epsilon is 1.55 oz ripstop with the Nanosphere coating, a proprietary coating designed to shed dirt and some water. It's not really designed to be waterproof enough for a tarp. AFAIK no one has made a tarp from the Epsilon and posted about it. Because it's not meant to breath, I'm not sure it would make a good hammock.

If you've never seen a large piece of Multicam, the pattern repeats often, which is unfortunate. This characteristic doesn't matter on small items such as jackets and packs, but it is quite eye-catching on a piece large enough for a tarp.

FWIW, the olive brown silnylon from DIY Gear Supply is very stealthy year-round, at least in the southern Appalachians.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Detail Man View Post
    If you've never seen a large piece of Multicam, the pattern repeats often, which is unfortunate. This characteristic doesn't matter on small items such as jackets and packs, but it is quite eye-catching on a piece large enough for a tarp.

FWIW, the olive brown silnylon from DIY Gear Supply is very stealthy year-round, at least in the southern Appalachians.
    I share your distaste for camo tarps. The patterns usually catch my eye rather than conceal the tarp. There just aren't patterns in nature. I think hammocks and underquilts work OK with camo because they are not stretched on a flat plane like a tarp.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123