View Poll Results: Do you think we should be able to edit our post at any time?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I think this is a great idea

23 46.00%
  • I don't really care

7 14.00%
  • No this is a bad idea!

20 40.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Editing

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    It ain't broke, why "fix" it? I see what I am writing. Even if I have second thoughts after I hit reply I can fix it. If I look back a lot later and see a lot of "I blew that one" comments I can handle owning what I broke.

And I just fixed this one.... ;-)
    Last edited by nothermark; 09-24-2012 at 07:48. Reason: better wording

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    I always seem to forget things to add and/or have spelling mistakes. 3 days is quite sufficient to see/add/correct anything in the post. As has been said "if it's not broke, don't fix it."

I've contacted mods and they've contacted me about things I've done wrong in posts and they've always been very nice about it. 3 days is plenty. Anything longer ....well, that's what the mods are here for.

Images
    I was not aware of the three day policy when I voted. I have edited several of my posts, usually correcting grammar issues. This has evidently always happened within those three days. So knowing what I know now, I might change my vote to, leave it alone,it works the way it is...but then I can't edit my vote...or can I? Usually by three days I have forgotten about that post anyways....but then, I drink alot. Click here, if you like this post!
    Last edited by swankfly; 09-24-2012 at 11:05. Reason: forgot a word....

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Swankfly - your click here doesn't work. Been clicking on for 10 minutes now........

I am sure it wont be changed and I can see where some are coming from. But the thanks button is nice, it shows how many people really appreciate what you have to say.

Jeremy

Hammock
    Gt UL, 1.7 wbbb
    Tarp
    GG, monsoon,suprfl
    Insulation
    PLUQ, jarbidge, di
    Suspension
    Whoopie wb-strap
    Images
    I like the idea of being able to edit a post later on, the for sale forum would stay a little cleaner I think. Is there a way of keep the original each time so everyone can see the changes? I am thinking of the threads that get very long and logistically too long to digest in one sitting. Also could it be set up that the original post can be changed indefinitely and the other posts remain the same? Just throwing some ideas out there.
    Dammfast

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    One things bcusa has put into place that I like is a "thanks" button... It's kind of like the forum equivalent of liking something on facebook...
    I just recently joined BCUSA, have not used the "thanks" button, don't plan on it. More like a popularity contest.
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunnr72 View Post
    I just recently joined BCUSA, have not used the "thanks" button, don't plan on it. More like a popularity contest.
    Its not a popularity contest, its so member can tell you they really do appreciate reading what you have posted.

Quote Originally Posted by dammfast View Post
    I like the idea of being able to edit a post later on, the for sale forum would stay a little cleaner I think.
    I agree with you. If they would at least let us close and edit our own for sale threads anytime it would clean it up a lot. I have asked numerous times on post almost a year old if its still for sale, some is, some is not.

Jeremy
    Last edited by TheCoyote; 09-25-2012 at 23:30. Reason: Misspoken

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dammfast View Post
    I like the idea of being able to edit a post later on, the for sale forum would stay a little cleaner I think. Is there a way of keep the original each time so everyone can see the changes? I am thinking of the threads that get very long and logistically too long to digest in one sitting. Also could it be set up that the original post can be changed indefinitely and the other posts remain the same? Just throwing some ideas out there.
    It's also quite possible that the resulting thread would make no sense at all, if instead of simply starting a new thread, someone kept updating an old one. I like the separation of sales that the current system encourages.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    ..... I like the separation of sales that the current system encourages.
    Are you saying it would be nice for users to edit and close for sale threads at anytime when items are sold and what not to clean it up? I am a little confused by this NC.

Jeremy

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast